Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-24-2003, 07:30 PM   #21
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: To Wave or not to Wave

I ride a sport bike and I wave at everyone. I don't care what kind of bike they are on. Harley to Honda, 375lbs rice rocket to a moped a biker is a biker.
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2003, 08:48 PM   #22
shooby
Founding Member

Hey fellas,

we have a simple system here in Australia - the Nod. Keeps both hands on the bars, or if you so choose, doesn't stop you from dragging the inside paw on the asphalt.

Cheers.
shooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:45 PM   #23
Enrique_Cezar_Ruiz
Founding Member

Shalom Auslander you ignorant b*@t*#d, you forgot a Japanese manufacturer.... Yamaha. You speak and act like a poseur. I guess anything for attention. And just to point out, Honda (a great company by the way) makes the biggest two-wheeled couch on the road. So I guess you hate yourself you Honda guy you. Finally, when and if your Honda motorcycle should ever decide to dump you, pun intended, I hope you will learn what riding a motorcycle is all about then.</p>
Enrique_Cezar_Ruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:03 PM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'm in the Raider Nation so I'll ride prior to game time. Then I'll enjoy the Silver and Black entering the winner's circle.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:22 AM   #25
boru4761
Founding Member

Amen, Brother.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:44 AM   #26
boru4761
Founding Member

Wave at every biker and stop for every biker on the side of the road. It is really that simple. Like someone else said, there are too many hazards, too many cagers to be ignoring your membership duties in the brotherhood.

And if you are too new or too nervous to wave, the nod is perfectly acceptable. If I was brave/foolish/exuberant enough to take my hand(s) off the bars to wave at you then at least acknowledge that I exist.

Believe me, I live in a Harley town and there are a lot of yuppies on sportsters that wont wave back to me on my yellow crotch rocket. I wave anyway. Just in case one of them grows the cojones to take hand off bar and return salute. Also. there are a lot of cool and knowledgable older guys that ride the Motor Company's product and who wants to ***** off an elder in the clan?

Wave at everyone, damnit.
Old 01-25-2003, 12:47 AM   #27
boru4761
Founding Member

That is funny. I can post damnit but P1SS is a no-no.
Old 01-25-2003, 01:37 AM   #28
xlr8r
Founding Member

I wave at anyone, but who waves back depends on what I'm riding. The sportbike crowd ignore me totally (but then I'm not on a sportbike and I don't wear multicoloured racing suits): generally, the naked bike/roadster people and the cruiser guys all wave back. The people I make sure to wave to are the 17/18 year olds on little bikes, doing the best they can at 50 mph; a wave from a big bike makes you feel like you do actually belong, even if everything else from trucks to steep gradients seems to conspire against you. They ALWAYS wave back with enthusiasm - and a big grin.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 04:09 AM   #29
jstrain
Founding Member

Considering the wind chill is well below 0 here in Philly, if you don't take advantage of that weather, we may have to kill you on general principle.

Jeremy
jstrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 05:02 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

My own experience is that almost everyone waves out away from a major city. In the city, waves only are returned from the particular genre' you happen to be on(sportbike, cruiser, tourer). Someitmes I wave and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I get a return and sometimes not. Certainly doesn't ruin my day for sure.