Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-24-2003, 03:14 PM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: To Wave or not to Wave

I wave at other sport bikes that have full leathers and helmets with graphics, that appear to take motorcycling as serious as I do,,or Nekkid sportbikes, or Suzuki Bandits [but not silver ones] I don't wave at ski jackets and jeans wearers 'cause they're obviously nobs,, I don't wave at Harley riders because they make the mistake of looking down their noses at my beloved Suzuki, so they must be gay, and 1% highwaymans frankly, make me feel weak and pathetic so I flip them off instead.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2003, 03:37 PM   #12
F451
Founding Member

Forecast for San Diego this weekend: 75-78 degrees. Do I go riding or watch the game?

If you value your life, and given the two teams playing the propensity for being hard core fans, I believe that you're better off in a cage as the roadways down there will be one big rolling kegger.
F451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:46 PM   #13
desertbilly
Founding Member

Default No Satire here in Phoenix

Up in my part of town, bikes are over 90% Harleys and the riders never wave. I've given up.

I went up in the country last weekend; once I got to Wickenburg and points north, ALL the riders waved. It was great. I gotta get out of this big town.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:48 PM   #14
dwr461
Founding Member

Woo!Hoo! BMW made number two on the list. Right behind HD.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:56 PM   #15
KPaulCook
Banned

Ride Oakland by a bunch
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #16
rossbiker
Founding Member

Here in SoCal on the weekend, if you wave, you'll never be able to pull in the clutch. We nod, and if it's a relaxed stretch of road, then we'll wave.

Don't get your knickers all in a wad if I don't wave at you. It isn't because I hate you or your bike.

Shalom is a hilarious man.

Regards,

Ross
rossbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:28 PM   #17
rsheidler
Founding Member

That Shalom is one funny MOfo! I wonder how many Esquire readers (most of whom, presumably, are not motorcyclists, get the joke? Apparently even a few MOtards here don't get it

Cheers

Bob
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:29 PM   #18
Mikey
Registered Member

Is it just me or is this the same piece that has been floating around on the internet for several years? I am almost positive I got this exact same article on a mailing list back in 1998 or 99.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #19
Mikey
Registered Member

Ok, my mistake. I just checked the mailing list archives and it was first posted in Oct 2000 and it was noted as having come from a recent Esq. mag, with the authors name even.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #20
Sam_Freed
Registered Member

Default We are all brothers under the leather!

The whole cruiser vs. sport bike thing just baffles me. I ride several different bikes of all styles. One day you may see me on an HD with half-helmet and sh*t-kickers, and the next on a rice rocket in full race leathers. I think they are both awesome and would hop on a Goldwing, trike, or anything else that you bring over in a heartbeat! Except for scooters which are just lame! Besides we all deal with the same issues on the road and there are enough cagers out there for us to turn our noses up at without turning on our own brothers in the two wheel nation. Whether I wave or nod, I wave or nod to all my brethren. So should you!
Sam_Freed is offline   Reply With Quote