Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-12-2010, 04:37 AM   #21
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
No, No. She needs 5 yrs in Supersport. Her size is the key. If she can win a AMA SportBike title by 19yo she can easily move to WSS and compete. If that goes well it's possible she can be the first regularly gridded girl in Moto 2. That's her future. She's never going to have the upper body strength for a Superbike fight- at least in the title hunt. But she can dominate Supersport and race competitive in Moto 2.
Agreed. And sure she still has a long way to go. Imo the only thing she'll need to avoid is overzealous males that don't treat her equally and want to put her down on the ground. As with most riders and athletes today it's injury they need to steer clear of- which I pray she does.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Actually I was racing MotoCross in Washington, Oregon and BC in the 500 A class when I was 16. My dad was on his way to winning the 500 Championship in the Washington Old Timers.....

But yeah, I'm happy for the ginch, realistically a woman should do really well Road Racing because they're usually smaller and lighter. I always wanted to give it a try myself but blasting my knee in a car accident pretty well put an end to anything strenuous for me.
500 as in 500 two stroke? Yikes, in a sixteen year olds hands that could get ugly So you don't ride any form of dirt anymore?At all? And don't gimmie any shyt about your weight I know a couple 55+ guys that make me look stupid in a trail. And they are close to 300lbs.Amazing watching them ride.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #23
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
500 as in 500 two stroke? Yikes, in a sixteen year olds hands that could get ugly So you don't ride any form of dirt anymore?At all? And don't gimmie any shyt about your weight I know a couple 55+ guys that make me look stupid in a trail. And they are close to 300lbs.Amazing watching them ride.

500cc was the nominal size, it was anything from 360 Yamaha that I had to 501 Maico's. I started racing when I was 10 on a Hodaka Super Rat in the 100cc class and moved up from there. My dad rode a 380 CZ and I rode it when he wasn't racing. Nothing like a big 2 stroke motocrosser Moke, when it hit's the pipe you really want to be pointed in the right direction but tons of fun!

I ride logging roads on my street bikes from time to time but the last serious dirt bike I had was a YZ250 Yamaha that my ex's brother stole a while back. I got my dad's 380 when he retired but like a dumbsh*t I traded it for a transmission for my chopper....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #24
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I got my dad's 380 when he retired but like a dumbsh*t I traded it for a transmission for my chopper....
I threw up a little when I read this.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
I threw up a little when I read this.

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking.........

Old 06-15-2010, 03:46 AM   #26
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

That's pretty cool Sarnali, do you have any old pics of you racing? That would be even better. I love seeing the old pictures. How long did you
race. I went to another flattrack race this weekend with my buddy in Sumter county Florida and I saw my first "running Hodaka" Just hearing it idle threw the pits I can tell it comes on hard once you hit the pipe.
Looked a little heavy but it caught my eye because of all the stories Iv heard about these bikes. So no dirt riding for you anymore? And did your daughters ever show an intrest in riding, would you let them ride?
Just wondering.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 06-15-2010 at 04:56 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Yeah moke, I started riding at 10, racing 11 or 12 and raced MX and some Enduros until I went in the Navy at 17, tried to do a couple of races when I was home on leave etc. I damaged my knee in a car wreck and didn't have insurance so it just healed (badly) by itself. It still bothers me alot.

Super Rat's were pretty light bikes actually, and as with all small 2 strokes they had a very narrow power band so you had to wring the snot out of them and row the gearbox constantly but they were a very competitive bike.

I posted some picture on here a few years back, I'll have to see what I can come up with. My youngest daughter is a motorcycle nut, I used to ride around the block on my Ninja when she was about a year old with her sitting on the gas tank. She'd be laughing her head off, she's been on quit a few rides over the years. She wants a bike but to be honest I'm nervous of her riding on the street. I haven't had a dirt bike for years but I ride my street bikes on logging roads to go shooting pistols, not really interested in full-on dirt riding anymore.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #28
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Maybe just start your daughter out in the dirt, you think you'd beable to do a little light duty with your knee, in the dirt. Who knows maybe she won't want to ride in the dirt. Yeah dig them pics up.