Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

The title looks like the article is about a weight loss program.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
jmdonald
Founding Member
 
jmdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 1,291
Default Yawn

I can't get to excited about this win. When she wins enough races to be a real contender then we will have somerhing to talk about. Did she work her way up from receptionist like Carly Fiorina?
__________________
Secede.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Default

Huh? Lol, it's from the song?
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Thumbs down Booooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I can't get to excited about this win. When she wins enough races to be a real contender then we will have somerhing to talk about. Did she work her way up from receptionist like Carly Fiorina?
What were you doing at the age of 16. Male or Female it's a great accomplishment. It's a sign of change, besides at that age winning her first pro race is a good'a chance as any to make it onto the world stage.
Don't be a hater now
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

I told you guys at the beginning of the season to watch this girl. I actually predicted that she'd win at least 1 race this year. Regardless of the shortened race or not it's a win. I told her at RD ATL that she'd be a World Champ by 20 and I'm sticking to that. Put her on that Triumph that DiSalvo bailed on and see if she can race in the top 10 in WSS. Bet your ass she can.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

You Go Girl!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
jmdonald
Founding Member
 
jmdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 1,291
Default Point taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
What were you doing at the age of 16. Male or Female it's a great accomplishment. It's a sign of change, besides at that age winning her first pro race is a good'a chance as any to make it onto the world stage.
Don't be a hater now
No hate meant. I wish her all the best. I'd hate to see any gifted rider become a victim of their own potential male or female. If she's to be a factor she will be. The fact that she's a female shouldn't matter if she can perform.
__________________
Secede.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I told you guys at the beginning of the season to watch this girl. I actually predicted that she'd win at least 1 race this year. Regardless of the shortened race or not it's a win. I told her at RD ATL that she'd be a World Champ by 20 and I'm sticking to that. Put her on that Triumph that DiSalvo bailed on and see if she can race in the top 10 in WSS. Bet your ass she can.
Now don't pull a John Hopkins! She needs to dominate her class first move to superbike win a title or two. And then the world. Iv been watching her since John picked her up.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Now don't pull a John Hopkins! She needs to dominate her class first move to superbike win a title or two. And then the world. Iv been watching her since John picked her up.
No, No. She needs 5 yrs in Supersport. Her size is the key. If she can win a AMA SportBike title by 19yo she can easily move to WSS and compete. If that goes well it's possible she can be the first regularly gridded girl in Moto 2. That's her future. She's never going to have the upper body strength for a Superbike fight- at least in the title hunt. But she can dominate Supersport and race competitive in Moto 2.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
What were you doing at the age of 16. Male or Female it's a great accomplishment. It's a sign of change, besides at that age winning her first pro race is a good'a chance as any to make it onto the world stage.
Don't be a hater now

Actually I was racing MotoCross in Washington, Oregon and BC in the 500 A class when I was 16. My dad was on his way to winning the 500 Championship in the Washington Old Timers.....

But yeah, I'm happy for the ginch, realistically a woman should do really well Road Racing because they're usually smaller and lighter. I always wanted to give it a try myself but blasting my knee in a car accident pretty well put an end to anything strenuous for me.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off