Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

The title looks like the article is about a weight loss program.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Yawn

I can't get to excited about this win. When she wins enough races to be a real contender then we will have somerhing to talk about. Did she work her way up from receptionist like Carly Fiorina?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Huh? Lol, it's from the song?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Thumbs down Booooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I can't get to excited about this win. When she wins enough races to be a real contender then we will have somerhing to talk about. Did she work her way up from receptionist like Carly Fiorina?
What were you doing at the age of 16. Male or Female it's a great accomplishment. It's a sign of change, besides at that age winning her first pro race is a good'a chance as any to make it onto the world stage.
Don't be a hater now
Old 06-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

I told you guys at the beginning of the season to watch this girl. I actually predicted that she'd win at least 1 race this year. Regardless of the shortened race or not it's a win. I told her at RD ATL that she'd be a World Champ by 20 and I'm sticking to that. Put her on that Triumph that DiSalvo bailed on and see if she can race in the top 10 in WSS. Bet your ass she can.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

You Go Girl!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Point taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
What were you doing at the age of 16. Male or Female it's a great accomplishment. It's a sign of change, besides at that age winning her first pro race is a good'a chance as any to make it onto the world stage.
Don't be a hater now
No hate meant. I wish her all the best. I'd hate to see any gifted rider become a victim of their own potential male or female. If she's to be a factor she will be. The fact that she's a female shouldn't matter if she can perform.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I told you guys at the beginning of the season to watch this girl. I actually predicted that she'd win at least 1 race this year. Regardless of the shortened race or not it's a win. I told her at RD ATL that she'd be a World Champ by 20 and I'm sticking to that. Put her on that Triumph that DiSalvo bailed on and see if she can race in the top 10 in WSS. Bet your ass she can.
Now don't pull a John Hopkins! She needs to dominate her class first move to superbike win a title or two. And then the world. Iv been watching her since John picked her up.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Now don't pull a John Hopkins! She needs to dominate her class first move to superbike win a title or two. And then the world. Iv been watching her since John picked her up.
No, No. She needs 5 yrs in Supersport. Her size is the key. If she can win a AMA SportBike title by 19yo she can easily move to WSS and compete. If that goes well it's possible she can be the first regularly gridded girl in Moto 2. That's her future. She's never going to have the upper body strength for a Superbike fight- at least in the title hunt. But she can dominate Supersport and race competitive in Moto 2.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Don't be a hater now

Actually I was racing MotoCross in Washington, Oregon and BC in the 500 A class when I was 16. My dad was on his way to winning the 500 Championship in the Washington Old Timers.....

But yeah, I'm happy for the ginch, realistically a woman should do really well Road Racing because they're usually smaller and lighter. I always wanted to give it a try myself but blasting my knee in a car accident pretty well put an end to anything strenuous for me.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote