Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-17-2002, 04:31 PM   #1
nitrofly
Founding Member

Default Re: Supermoto Championship UK.

My money's on the big DJ.

First Post Yipeeeeeee.....!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2002, 02:25 AM   #2
Hadji
Founding Member

Default Okay......

Great! All of these big bore Singles racing together, where do I tune in? Or do I have to go local and make the pilgrimage to England? Are there similar events stateside? Are there any Supermoto endurance events i.e. "the 6 Hours of Hill, Dale & Tarmac at (Insert Venue Here)? Are there any events that combine Single Track (through the trees or cliffside), Dirt Track, Road Racing in stages like an Automobile Rally? Questions, questions, questions.
Hadji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 06:27 AM   #3
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Okay......

There's a growing interest in supermotard competition here in the United States. There are numerous local series in places like Washington State, Southern California, New Jersey, Wisconsin, North Florida and Missouri. There are supermotard track days and one-off competitions in many other locations. The hope is that these local series can develop a common rule book and license structure so that regional or national championships could be held.

One of the best supermotard resources for racers all around the USA is insane speed[www.insanespeed.com], a message board for all motorsports, but with a particularly active supermotard forum.

Some of the American supermotard racers went over to Europe this year to compete in the European series, including Carl Blake. His adventures are pretty well documented on insanespeed's supermotard forum.

I haven't heard of any endurance events. Our 12 lap finals here in Missouri (6 miles) are enough to wear me out, but I am a bit of a marshmallow.

banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 07:15 AM   #4
intruderman
Founding Member

Default Re: Supermoto Championship UK.

How come we don't say "whilst" over here? Or "bugger"?
intruderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:00 AM   #5
akcarlson
Founding Member

Default Supermotard in MO

Where is the motard madness in Missouri? I'm currently a Chicago resident, but I grew up in Eureka (think Six Flags), and I get back there pretty frequently. I think supermotards are the wave of the future. Wheer can I catch 'em?
akcarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 09:02 AM   #6
banda
Founding Member

Default Re: Supermotard in MO

You've got two choices: The Superbikers2 series at Elkhart Lake in Wisconsin, and it's new sister series (sort of) Midwest Supermotard at the I-55 raceway complex in Pevely Missouri, just 20 miles south of Saint Louis.

Both web sites have race and track day schedules for '03. The racing is definitely fun to watch. Our first race day at I-55 drew quite an impromptu crowd. In fact, after the final, the spectators, who paid no admission fees, spontaneously passed a hat to collect prize money for the winner. It was the best motorcycle racing most had ever seen, with lots of sliding and crashing, and close matchups throughout the field.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote