Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 12-03-2002, 08:04 PM   #1
TheFox
Founding Member

Default Re: Press Release: New American Sportbike

Holy cats! Superbikes being made in my backyard! Dear God, please let them succeed both on the track and off...and be in my price range when it's time to buy.

Make America proud!!

--The Fox

The best bike to take a trip on is the one you have.
TheFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2002, 11:19 PM   #2
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Press Release: Bob to Build Him a Motorsickle

Bob, some guy who lives down yonder, is planning to build him a motorsickle sometime soon.

The motorsickle is described by sources near Bob as having wheels, a frame, and some kind of motor.

Bob has been heavily involved in motorsickles for years, having first ridden one at the age of twelve. He went on to purchase one at the age of 37, and now has put over 1200 miles on it in 16 years of ownership.

Bob's technical credits include 32 years of experience servicing soda vending machines and 3 semesters of metal shop at the Akron community college. He is regarded as the finest fly-fisher in 4 counties.

Although suppliers have not yet been chosen to provide electrical, suspension, wheels, powerplant or chassis components, Bob knows he wants the bike to have tangerine-flake paint like he saw in a copy of "Biker Parties" he saw at a local liquor store.

Bob has so far raised over 1.1 hundred dollars of investment capital. Production is scheduled to begin next Tuesday, if Bob's cousin Norville picks up his El Camino that's been in Bob's garage since last summer.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 02:52 AM   #3
rideondude
Founding Member

Well, I'm tired of waiting for Buell to build the first "real" American Sportbike so maybe Fischer is on to something here. Time will tell though.

Wouldn't be the first time we've been hyped about a new American motorcycle only to be let down later. And isn't it a little odd that you have to email picture requests? Why not just post them to get some press coverage?
rideondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 05:07 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

This is encouraging news. Unless it's just another investment scam.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:23 AM   #5
triumph900
Founding Member

Hmmmm. Americans still can not build engines. Verrrrrrrrrrryy Interesting......
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 05:52 AM   #6
fellswoop13
Founding Member

Default Hope they do better with the bike than the P.R.

Emailing for photos? Hook us up!

Why the heck can't the damn engine be made here? We put a GD man on the moon etc etc and all we can come up with is a damn harley engine, or skimobile companies that make fake harley engines.

Unless we make the whole thing, it's a farce. Austrialians make bikes with other peoples engines as well. I'm sure little central american countries can too.

Build the whole damn bike. And post pictures.
fellswoop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 06:22 AM   #7
crazybike_37
Founding Member

Default Harley is the smartest company in the world, with the dumbest customers.

Amen to that, my brotha'. But watch out, I'll bet some really cool H-D guy will make you feel really stupid for saying that, like the HIGHWAYTARD.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:53 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah. Everybody buy Fanjets from China.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:07 AM   #9
KPaulCook
Banned

Default There is a God.

Wow what a week, I get to see Burns on TV last night. Hey if you are going to have 10 seconds of fame, it is good that its on a really good program. Beautiful bike, too bad it uses a V-Twin. Just kidding. Too bad Ducati didn't commision Kerr to do the 999

USA

USA

USA

(chant continues and fades)
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 07:10 AM   #10
KPaulCook
Banned

"Well, I'm tired of waiting for Buell to build the first "real" American Sportbike so maybe Fischer is on to something here. " Ditto for me
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote