Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-05-2002, 04:20 PM   #81
dean_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Death of the V-Twin in Road Racing

C...c...c...can't we all just get along?
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2002, 04:45 PM   #82
micro
Founding Member

This all sounds good on paper,but the fact is 4cylinder tweaking has been going on for years with plenty of experts and plenty of manufacturers. Honda jumps in with this v5 because of the rules, and kicked everyones butt. For all we know hondas v5 could be slow for a v5 and like you said its early in this new game.
micro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:47 PM   #83
ironmike
Founding Member

Default Full dresser class? I'm in!

'Gotta love it! Minimum weight (bike & rider) 1,000# (454.5kg) or super-sized (w/passenger) at 1200# (454.4kg)... twin/four/six classes... oh, what the hell - howzabout an eight cylinder/unlimited class for the truely zealous.... and those with turbos/superchargers/NOx and such...all accessories have to work, and the radio must play during actual competitions..... I see corporate sponsorships, celebrity grudge matches, sledge pulls, WWF appearances.... Oh lordy, I'm havin' a redneck epiphany...
ironmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:37 PM   #84
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I respond to make sure you know your posts are idiotic. Maybe you weren't sure, but I assure you they are. Reading what I write may not be tactful, but at least it has some knowledge or experience behind the words. If you had a question, there was a backhanded slap at Ducati while asking it. If all you asked about was V-Twin future in roadracing, I'm sure you would have gotten a better response from just about everyone. Since you sent out the flame bait in your question, I respond in kind like I always do. Insulting questions get insulting responses, at least from me. I don't, nor ever have, owned a Ducati, but the same baiting tactics are present, as they are in every cruiser story or anything to do with Harley. So, in response to your last question, yes, you are an idiot for asking that question with an insult thrown in.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:53 PM   #85
greatoldbikes
Founding Member

Damn straight. Why do you think they call them TRACK days? It is not the same. Now, along with the good lucks of their bikes, Ducati is about to lay an egg of an engine on its faithful. Just becasue it's faster on the track doesn't mean people are going to want it versus a proven, competitive, charismatic engine.

William Roberson

GOB.com
Old 11-05-2002, 09:08 PM   #86
sarnali
Founding Member

They have to have one of those helmet radio mike thingies too, and antenna's and a stuffed animal on the trunk, and Andy Taylor pants-in-boots with silk tavern jackets instead of leathers, instead of WSB it can be the B.A.M.F's.on Bagger's series
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:27 PM   #87
sarnali
Founding Member

apparently not, the question isn't whether kpaul is a fool for posting his opinions, mis-guided as they may be, the question is why does everyone get so pissed-off about it? Do you really give a ***** what he thinks? it's in such poor taste to mock the afflicted
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 01:21 AM   #88
badsac
Founding Member

Default Who the F*#K gave you a job here???

http://www.ducati.com/racing/home_ne...l?newsId=10516

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/cont...id=9227&page=1

I don't give a flying what that damn article purports to have said. I don't call posting an article then commenting like it was gospel journalism. You could have at least did a bit more reseach and posted some more link. Maybe a bit of insightful commentary about the disparate remarks if you are so keen on the article you quoted being the absolute truth.

Your news post was dodgy. MO would be better without you.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 06:52 AM   #89
KPaulCook
Banned

At least you got my rank right.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 06:55 AM   #90
KPaulCook
Banned

Default Excellent Post

Hey I admint I am a rookie and idiot in terms of motorcyle knowledge. But I sure learn a lot from folks here. Its funny how some can call me a so and so and then give a complete history of Honda Racing V-Twins. So I can take it.
KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote