Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-05-2002, 10:04 AM   #61
caderider
Registered Member

Default Re: What we really need in racing is a full dresser class!

I'd be interested in something like this too!

B

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2002, 10:08 AM   #62
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Point worth repeating. Don't call it logic call it extrapolation

You keep repeating the rules aren't fair KPaul-san. Honda built a V-Twin and won AMA and World Superbike. You make it sound like only Ducati benefitted from the last formula. The formula is the formula and the other Japanese companies could have built a V-Twin as well.

Don't forget the lap times for the 750cc 4s and the 1000cc twins were still faster than Formula Extreme lap times.

For the life of me I can't understand your hatred of anything other than a Japanese inline four.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:16 AM   #63
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Death of the V-Twin in Road Racing

I would like to add that it is also referred to as "road" as opposed to "dirt". Or in America, it might be referred to "road" as opposed to "oval" or "flat".
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:26 AM   #64
KPaulCook
Banned

Hey its not hatred pal. Go back and reread my post. I only asked the question (in a colorful manner of course) is the V-Twin dead in racing. How can you hate a machine? Don't try to make this personal again "For the life of me I can't understand your hatred of anything other than a Japanese inline four." I like the sound of the Ducati V-Twin.

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #65
rsheidler
Founding Member

You could be right that the twins will become obsolete in WSB and AMA Superbike. That will get decided on the track. Right now, in AMA at least, Honda have chosen to stay with the RC51 rather than using the 954. I understand that there are some privateers, however who may cross over from Formula Extreme to contest the AMA Superbike series with 954s and R-1s. Reportedly, Suzuki are looking at running 1000s or overbored 750s.

I think having a variety of makes and configurations makes for better racing and I look forward to the next season. If it turns out that Ducati, Aprilia and RC51s can't cut it, that's racing.

Apropos of nothing -- I just read where Barros, who is at Valencia testing the M1 for the first time today, is already faster (on race tires) than his own race record on the RCV -- looks like the M1 is not so far off the pace after all. Next year's MotoGP looks like it could be sensational. Anybody wanna take some early bets on the 2003 world champion? I take Barros.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:29 AM   #66
gforces
Founding Member

Default Re: Why WSB doesn't matter any more

Ferrari in F1 is more like Honda in MotoGP...They spend the most money on development, and bought the best driver. I don't think they would've done it without Schumy, just like Honda wouldn't have done it without Colin Edwards.

And in MotoGP, there are many that attribute Honda's domination in MotoGP to their design of the RC211V's rear suspension, which gives it better drive out of the corners than any other bike on the grid. Just take a look at Alex Barros's 2 wins out of his first 4 races on that bike, especially when he wasn't winning anything before--doing it over Rossi at that. Even the great Rossi himself admitted he was out-ridden. Now that's a solid guy. NOw i'm rambling...
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 10:45 AM   #67
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

He wasn't getting personal KPaul, just telling the truth. As for the "Arguments for Stupid People" article, well the "Arguments" part applies to him and the part that applies to you is right after the "for". I'm not sure if you are really this dense or just play the part, but if you are playing, you have it nailed cold. When you come up with bonehead conclusions to complex issues, and never listen or present any real logical thought or facts, you get what you get. I think you just crave the attention really, like bieng a Village Idiot, but maybe you are really like this in real life. If you think you are somehow "thought provoking" or "insightful", I hate to break the news to you that 90% of your posts border on moronic. Nothing else to say really.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:17 AM   #68
rsheidler
Founding Member

Default Honda V-5 dominating MotoGp

I have a feeling that domination may have come to an end -- I see that today in testing at Valencia, Barros has Biaggi's old M1 down to his (Barros') qualifying time from last weekend -- that suggests that the M1 may be at least as fast as the RCV, and/or that Barros is possibly the world's best rider at this moment.

Interestingly, Biaggi was on Barros' old RCV and was 3/10s slower than Alex.

I'd like to think that Colin can get the Aprilia up there and that Troy and Loris can do so with the Ducatis, but I don't imagine that either will be competitive in the early season.
rsheidler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:19 AM   #69
dwr461
Founding Member

I'm paraphrasing here as I can't remember if this is the exact quote, "It's better to be silent and have people think you are an idiot, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

A. Lincoln.

Take care,

Dave
dwr461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:37 AM   #70
KPaulCook
Banned

"I hate to break the news to you that 90% of your posts border on moronic. Nothing else to say really."

Is that why you respond so quickly and stridently to them I listen/read everthing you write. I just disagree and I try not to get personal. Is the question of V-Twin obsolscence in racing a dumb one? Thought provoking? Playful? Am I an idiot for asking the question?

KPaulCook is offline   Reply With Quote