Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Anerican Chopper cancelled (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/14322-anerican-chopper-cancelled.html)

longride 02-14-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 234499)
How was that show even on for more than 2 episodes? I dont know what kind of tools watched it...

Whatever kind of tools watched it, there sure were lots of them cause the Teutels made more money than you can count.

A Star Ride 02-14-2010 02:14 PM

Me & the Ex watched it, I like bikes, she likes reality TV so it was 1 of few shows we watched together in our closing years.

MOKE1K 02-15-2010 06:48 PM

I watched, quite often I might add. If your not really a motorcycle guy but want to become one, I suppose the building part of the show would appeal to you. Me I watched it purely for the comedy. Guess Iam a tool.

Dr_Sprocket 02-15-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 234617)
I watched, quite often I might add. If your not really a motorcycle guy but want to become one, I suppose the building part of the show would appeal to you. Me I watched it purely for the comedy. Guess Iam a tool.

Overall, it was a good show. It introduced a lot of people to motorcycling, be that good or bad. I thought it interesting that in only two shows, they would complete a bike. But on that show, Build Or Bust, the people would have thirty days to build the bike. Very few people ever completed the builds, showing just how hard it really is/was.

longride 02-16-2010 05:41 AM

"But on that show, Build Or Bust, the people would have thirty days to build the bike. Very few people ever completed the builds, showing just how hard it really is/was."

For Build or Bust, you had to be a guy that never built a bike before. A pro could put one together in about 3 weeks easy with all your ducks in a row. My Knuck build is 3 weeks of action packed into 14 months. I like that because I got to change my mind about lots of things along the way.

seruzawa 02-16-2010 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 234634)
I like that because I got to change my mind about lots of things along the way.

Not so impressive when you realize that you were only deciding to keep it and not torch it.. over and over and over.

sarnali2 02-16-2010 08:34 AM

It took me 6 months to build my Shovelhead. That's from a frame and oilbag sitting on a 4X4 to a running motorcycle. Most of the delay was money though in that I didn't have very much. Shovels were the current motor which made it easier to find parts for than a Knuck or Flattie, even though back then everything still fit everything else and Panhead stuff was a dime a dozen. It's a ton of fun though and that first ride is something you don't forget.

seruzawa 02-16-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 234653)
It took me 6 months to build my Shovelhead. That's from a frame and oilbag sitting on a 4X4 to a running motorcycle. Most of the delay was money though in that I didn't have very much. Shovels were the current motor which made it easier to find parts for than a Knuck or Flattie, even though back then everything still fit everything else and Panhead stuff was a dime a dozen. It's a ton of fun though and that first ride is something you don't forget.

Heck, it took me a year to put my DR400 together. But that's only because I'm a lazy @ss.

sarnali2 02-16-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 234654)
Heck, it took me a year to put my DR400 together. But that's only because I'm a lazy @ss.

I was riding my Kawasaki KZ750 and everyone else was on HD so I was motivated...

newagetwotone 02-16-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 234617)
Guess Iam a tool.

Yea you are but thats another conversation brah.