Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Bike runs on compressed air.

Maybe we can attach the hoses in DC. Talk about renewable! One Dali Obama speech (anyone else annoyed how much he whistles through his teeth when he talks?) could power us for a decade. Or at least 3 more years, heh, heh.

Green Speed Air Motorbike Runs on Compressed Air. Theoretically - motorbike - Gizmodo
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

I can pretty much guarantee that a bike run on compressed air will use more energy than a gasoline powered one.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

Can this thing regenerate air using wheel spin as a generator for the air cans? If that's the case then you might be on to something. Otherwise, it seems like a waste of time.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I believe Tata has designs ready for production for compressed air driven cars.

Tata Air Car launch in India in 2011 likely, Tata Motors compressed air car | DWS Auto India
Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #5
12er
Founding Member

I may have posted this before. When I was a kid an older gentlemen around town took an old english two seater (cant remember if its was an mg, triumph or what) and put an air cyl down the center between the seats and created an air powered 4 cyl rotory motor with valves on each side of the piston. It was a 1 stroke basically with a power stroke in each direction. He'd leave it in 4th and off it would go when he poured the air too it. He wanted to make it a closed loop system with freon by heating it on one end and cooling it back down after. A few degree temp change would double the freon pressure. One of the big Auto companies bought him out and that was the end of the Air ride. Watching "The Worlds Fastest Indian" brought back the air ride memories, pretty much made in the same shed, just different hemisphere.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I can pretty much guarantee that a bike run on compressed air will use more energy than a gasoline powered one.
Perhaps, but if you have giant hydroelectric powerplants (Aswan) that can run air-compressors, and no oil fields, that might not be an issue.

Likewise if you have a severe urban air pollution problem, replacing I/C engines with compressed air might make sense even if they aren't as efficient.