Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #11
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Jeeze, why don't you two get a room?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Take it easy, Iam working up to the Gladiator question. Shees?
Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Ah, understand now. Yes I think a handful of AMA guys could hang with the World riders. It'll be interesting to see Roger make his move up the podium latter. Only thing I keep thinking in the back of my mind is what the Heck is the AMA grid going to look like. Pathetic Iam thinking.
As of today only about 15 bikes would be in the Superbike grid. The 200 grid should be better than that, but will be mostly unknown privateers.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Thats what worries me, and Seru thought attendance was down before, what will it be in 2010.

Do you know whats stopping Jordan from using Suzukis? Is it him or Suzuki?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Thats what worries me, and Seru thought attendance was down before, what will it be in 2010.

Do you know whats stopping Jordan from using Suzukis? Is it him or Suzuki?
The 23 team is said to be prepping Suzuki's, but the rumor is pretty strong that BMW wants in this season. In American Superbike format it's possible that an entirely stock S1000 will produce more hp than any other brand on the grid. If I were BMW I'd be all over Jordan to field the bikes because Yates is Jamie Hacking good at development. If Jordan manages to sign Zemke that would make for a very strong line up for a 1st year effort. If Gemini is the lead on the motor side like they have been for Jordan's Suz motors I'd expect very strong results in it's 1st season.

Side note: If you notice, DNA hasn't commited bikes to Pegram. If I were in Larry's shoes I'd be talking to Aprilia about the racing their v4. Outside of Jordan and Ulrich's teams Larry has the most professional privateer outfit in American racing. Aprilia would be a good fit.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I'd expect strong results from them no matter what they ride. I mean come on, theres only a handful- if that- of truly competitive Superbike teams that will fill the field this year. Good idea though on Larrys situation. Campaining the RSV4 would be interesting.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
TheCycleGuy
Registered Member

I'll be delighted...and quite a bit surprised....if Roger Lee makes it onto the podium in World Superbikes. Ben Spies he ain't. As far as the AMA goes, I wonder if the American roadracing series will even exist 3 years from now.