Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default 2010 Trans Alp

So, Honda is going to shut down the spanish manufacturing plant and move production to Italy. As I was looking at the bike it struck me funny that this bike hasn't been offered in the US for this up coming model year. I am suprised that the DN is an insane $15K hybrid scycle, but a perfectly good all arounder like the Alp is out of our grasp. With the price of the new mini-tourer D'ville being $10K you'd think that the Alp would come in right under that since it has no bags.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload...lp700-2008.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hondatransalp700-2008.jpg (37.4 KB, 3 views)

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

It is a mystery. You'd think Honda had better business sense. The ATs seem to be selling in pretty good numbers and, at least in my travels, they are displacing the more traditional big tourers. Yet Honda has no AT currently offered or even one they are talking about bringing in. Unless you consider the Deauville which is like buying a V-Strom with less capability and paying $3000 more for it. Can't blame this lethargic corporate attitude on the size of the company because Kawasaki Heavy Industries, LTD is about as big as Honda, LTD.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

You'd think with the competitive market that Honda would actually bring 3k over annual and see what shakes out.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:52 AM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

The Stromtrooper crowd often laments the unavailability of the TransAlp over here. I guess it fits the same market segment, albeit at a notably higher price than the Wee Strom. Not my cuppa; compared to this monstrosity, my Vee is a thing of beauty.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The Stromtrooper crowd often laments the unavailability of the TransAlp over here. I guess it fits the same market segment, albeit at a notably higher price than the Wee Strom. Not my cuppa; compared to this monstrosity, my Vee is a thing of beauty.
So true. So true.