Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 10-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Founder of T.W.O. in Suches, GA dies

Frank Cheek Notice/Obit: Frank Cheek’s Obituary by the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

R.I.P. Frank Cheek, Founder Of Two Wheels Only Motorcycle Resort News Article // RoadracingWorld.com

I'd heard he was in a pretty bad way. Frank was an interesting fellow, to be sure. I met him a few times at the High Valley Airport - post T.W.O. days for him. Motorcycles and Airplanes were two things that really got him excited. That, and someone "muddin' " in a Ford Expedition on the airstrip (High Valley is a grass landing strip)..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

'Hawk, were do you live exactly? TWO is less than an hour from where I run my agency in Cumming. Less than an hour thirty from my house riding 53 to 9 from Canton.
I would say I knew him more than I've sat in his place slamming food and talking to him while he was with a group of regulars that I insure. Great person. He will be missed in our riding community. RIP Frank. Goodspeed.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I live in Southwest Missouri. Right on the Mason-Dixon Line.

I've been riding to T.W.O. and North GA/ Western NC for 8 or 9 years now. I don't know Frank so much (other than by Reputation!) as I do Britt and GT. What I DO know of Frank personally, is somewhat anticlimactic to all I'd been told about him. Up until I met him - I expected to look up "Curmudgeon" in the Dictionary and see a picture of him next to it. Not the case at all.

I also know that, while he didn't START the Feud between them - Fred Rau didn't help matters a whole heluva lot, either; what with some of the things he's said "on the record".

Now that Frank is gone, I hope the Cheeks and Turners can finally put an end to their disagreements. At least stop the court-battles and actively trying to put one-another out of business.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote