Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Moto Ii For The Street?

Ilmor MotoGP bike for the road revealed
By Chris Newbigging -
New bikes
20 August 2009 13:58

GP Motorsports is to sell a road-legal version of the Ilmor MotoGP bike from as little as £15,000!

Powered by a tuned Aprilia SXV550 engine, the ex-MotoGP chassis has new engine mounts fabricated for the compact v-twin, but is otherwise identical to the machine that collected a handful of championship points in 2007.

Named ‘Project 109’, a limited run of 15 in either track or road trim will be built – only ten of which will be offered for sale, the remaining five will be kept by the firm for various purposes.

This first finished bike is yet to have lights fitted – but will have shortly.

The engines are tuned for 75bhp, and it weighs just 90kg in this specification – ‘basic’ specification will include lower spec parts (Ohlins Road and Track forks instead of MotoGP gas forks, Brembo road calipers instead of monobloc race calipers) than this full-spec machine – though GP Motorsports will happily supply any parts up to and including MotoGP level.

Ilmor MotoGP bike for the road revealed - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I have always been waiting for that Formula 1 car to be produced in street trim. It would be so useful and practical as well as comfortable. I can't imagine why nobody ever made one.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I have always been waiting for that Formula 1 car to be produced in street trim. It would be so useful and practical as well as comfortable. I can't imagine why nobody ever made one.
I don't understand something. Since racing technology is so superior, I can't figure why more people don't ride around without antifreeze and why more of them don't remove the alternators and run battery only on their hot street machines. Tires with one hundred mile maximum life spans should be standard also. There are plenty of other things people use in racing that hot street riders should implement.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
SmokeU
Registered Member

I wonder if it has a carbon fiber slip or or titanium.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeU View Post
I wonder if it has a carbon fiber slip or or titanium.
They should get both - JUST to be on the Safe Side.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I don't understand something. Since racing technology is so superior, I can't figure why more people don't ride around without antifreeze and why more of them don't remove the alternators and run battery only on their hot street machines. Tires with one hundred mile maximum life spans should be standard also. There are plenty of other things people use in racing that hot street riders should implement.

If your confuzed go to the local burger barn your always speaking of and ask some questions. Sure they could answer them for you.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
If your confuzed go to the local burger barn your always speaking of and ask some questions. Sure they could answer them for you.
I"m 100% sure they could answer him.....and I'm also 100% sure they would be the wrong answers.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
You're the one always harping on the superiority of racing. I wonder why you don't run a constant loss electrical system. That'd give several more horsepower. At least as much as a proper exhaust system mod.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You're the one always harping on the superiority of racing. I wonder why you don't run a constant loss electrical system. That'd give several more horsepower. At least as much as a proper exhaust system mod.
Actually, 'racing' is for the guys that have even the smallest chance to win. All the others are just riding around on the track.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

The bully online! Seruzawa. Its easy for you to flex your knowledge muscles behind your keyboard isnt it. You should go out and involve yourself in a roadrace and then maybe that would answer your, or what seems to be a your yearning to hate everything about racing technology. You must realize that most of, even your "day and age" technology derived from racing? Every leap forward usually comes from racing technology. You love trying to flex your muscles most when your at the keyboard, love to see you come out and play, where its your riding that speaks for your intelligents and not your mouth. Such the nerd!