Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Mladin could win his 7th title today?

Mladin Could Clinch The Title Today
only hayden and pegram still alive
by evan williams SUPERBIKEPLANET
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Mat Mladin could win his seventh AMA Superbike championship today.

For Mladin, it's pretty simple. If Mat wins, then Tommy needs to finish on the box or it's over. If Mat doesn't win, it gets more complicated. The bottom line is Mladin (now leading by 83 points) needs to gain seven points on Hayden to clinch. The key number is a 94-point advantage after today.

Larry Pegram is mathematically in the hunt. He needs to net 11 or more points on Mladin to stay alive in the title chase past today.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Knew everyone here would really like to hear the good news. Think about it next year he'll be gone-hopefully to World Superbike.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Think about it next year he'll be gone-hopefully to World Superbike."

I wouldn't bet on it. Mladin is going to stay where he can be a hero....even if it is a Little League hero.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I'm second in F-Stock points in my SCCA Division right now - but to maintain that spot, I gotta finish 3rd or better next weekend at Lincoln.

I don't think that I can pull it off, as the guy that's in First has a better-prepared Shelby GT, and he's co-driving his car with a VERY fast guy from the E-Street Prepared class: and to top all that off, Don K. in his well-prepped Shelby has a better than 50/50 chance of pulling off the Event Win against both of those guys..........

I have a LOT of empathy for Privateers in any Motorsport right now: a lack of Race Rubber is my biggest shortfall, and primarily the reason I'm not likely to finish ahead of one of these three. <sigh> That's why I couldn't give a squirt of piss for Mladin: Best Equipment, Best Backing, Most Cubic-Dollars. F'n ruins the spirit of the sport.

Ah, well. There's always next year, - if I can come up with enough money to get the Bullitt in a bit better state of preparation.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 08-17-2009 at 11:01 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool 9th,....wow?

Pos. Rider Team Bike
1 Joshua Hayes Yamaha Motor Corp Yamaha R1
2 Tommy Hayden Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
3 Ben Bostrom Yamaha Motor Corp Yamaha R1
4 Larry Pegram Pegram Racing Ducati 1098R
5 Aaron Yates Jordan Suzuki Brand Suzuki GSX-R1000
6 Taylor Knapp Taylor Knapp Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
7 Blake Young Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
8 Neil Hodgson Corona Extra Honda Honda CBR1000RR
9 Mat Mladin Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R1000
10 Jake Holden Holden Racing Honda CBR1000RR
11 Jeff K Wood Bettencourts Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
12 Chris Ulrich Roadracingworld.com Suzuki GSX-R1000
13 Scott Charlton Aussie Dave Racing Suzuki GSX-R1000
14 M.Crozier
15 Ricky Corey
Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #6
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Well, I was unsuccessful in defending my 2nd-place at the Tire Rack SCCA MidWest Divisional Championship in Lincoln, NE. Probably mostly because I Suck; partially because I don't have the money to fully-prepare the car.

I DID come in at the head of the cars running street tires: I beat the GTO, by about 2-seconds each day. But couldn't keep up with the Shelby GTs and the other Bullitt (Which BTW, set the FTD on Sunday in F-Stock) - I ran about 5 or 6-seconds back from them, daily.

I had fun, I learned some new things, saw stuff you only get to see attending and competing in a National-Level Event, met lots of interesting folks, and got half "Tater-Caked" with some of the guys from my Region at this wonderfully-seedy Bar in Lincoln............

Ah well. Third is nothing to Bytche About when it's your first year of competition. I'll get 'em Next Year!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Well, I was unsuccessful in defending my 2nd-place at the Tire Rack SCCA MidWest Divisional Championship in Lincoln, NE. Probably mostly because I Suck; partially because I don't have the money to fully-prepare the car.

I DID come in at the head of the cars running street tires: I beat the GTO, by about 2-seconds each day. But couldn't keep up with the Shelby GTs and the other Bullitt (Which BTW, set the FTD on Sunday in F-Stock) - I ran about 5 or 6-seconds back from them, daily.

I had fun, I learned some new things, saw stuff you only get to see attending and competing in a National-Level Event, met lots of interesting folks, and got half "Tater-Caked" with some of the guys from my Region at this wonderfully-seedy Bar in Lincoln............

Ah well. Third is nothing to Bytche About when it's your first year of competition. I'll get 'em Next Year!
Did you follow the advice given here: NASCAR Coach Reveals Winning Strategy: 'Drive Fast' | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 AM   #8
pplassm
Founding Member

Reed locked up the 450 championship Saturday. If anyone else cares about dirt bikes.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post

Ah, well. There's always next year, - if I can come up with enough money to get the Bullitt in a bit better state of preparation.
Maybe Mr. Duke would put up some sponsor dollars to have a Motorcycle.com ad on the side of your fine Bullitt!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Maybe Mr. Duke would put up some sponsor dollars to have a Motorcycle.com ad on the side of your fine Bullitt!
Hey - I'm certainly open to Sponsorship in trade for Representation, even if only minimal. I figure it would take me about $4500-$5500 or so to put the car at the same level as the top F-Stock Playaz.

My primary "rival" (he's a great guy, BTW) is doin' just that with Carroll Shelby Performance, Inc. and Solo Performance Specialties (which one of the owners of SPS is co-driving his car) on his '07 ShelbyGT IIRC. Kyle's car is just COVERED with sponsorship billboard-decals.

I don't think they give him a huge amount, either - but it adds up. This is quite-nearly the cheapest form of auto "racing" a person can do. Once the car is set-up, tires are the single-largest expense. I just don't have the cash on-hand to set the car up.

Sucks bein' a workin' stiff.

For that matter: If I ended-up with some Motorcycle.Com decals in the mail, they'd go on the side of the car, Gratis.

Of course, my Season is over now - all I've got left is Regional events, nothing with any exposure.

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 08-25-2009 at 07:07 AM.