Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
RedRaider
Banned

Default California Biker gets $8.6 million for hitting a wild pig

A Monterey County jury has ordered the state to pay $8.6 million to a motorcyclist who was severely injured when he struck six wild boars on a state highway in 2003." Read more
"

Last edited by RedRaider : 03-30-2009 at 01:52 PM.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

WTF does an act of nature have to do with County Govt? If the county doesn't appeal they're insane. Next thing you know the county will be sued for Dogs running into the road or sand patches on the surface. Freakin' libs. Only a "where's mine" jury could come up with this.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
WTF does an act of nature have to do with County Govt? If the county doesn't appeal they're insane. Next thing you know the county will be sued for Dogs running into the road or sand patches on the surface. Freakin' libs. Only a "where's mine" jury could come up with this.
Agreed what do think the reaction of the states will be. Will they put up wildlife crossing signs up at every mile post on all highways?. Pretty wild.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
mugwump58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Agreed what do think the reaction of the states will be. Will they put up wildlife crossing signs up at every mile post on all highways?. Pretty wild.
Pigs can read?

I'm sorry but it was just sitting there.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Yep I should sue the county because of that tree limb in the road.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Legally drunk, the rider plowed into about 10 wild boars at 50 plus mph, and ate it big.

The rangers knew that was a place where the "pigs" crossed every day, but failed to put up any warning signs.

If that would have been me, the state would be changing me for the rehabilitation and care of the wild boars, after completing an acohol diversion program from my iron lung.

WTF...
Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
mugwump58
Registered Member

I was wondering how you could manage to get 6 of 'em. So what about the PTSD of the other 4? I hope they have representation.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I came up over a hill one time on a backroad, doin' about 70-80 or so (in a '79 Cordoba) and there was a herd of about 25 of the sum-bum-an-inches just millin' about in the middle of the road.

Completely covered the car in this stinkin'-ass dirt and blood. Didn't do the F'n fenders any good, either (but the car had a REAL bumper on it so it lived on). Didn't get all of 'em, but wasn't for lack of the bacon-bowling-pins on the right wantin' to go LEFT, while the ones on the left wanted to go RIGHT............ I think I got a spare..........

Wild pigs may be "wily", but they have no sense of navigation when confronted with a 2-ton-plus "predator" bearing-down on them with screeching tires and blaring horn. The survivors also just stand there stunned and watch while the ones not killed instantly squeal their last.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 AM   #9
pplassm
Founding Member

Wow. California sounds more effed up everyday.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
A Monterey County jury has ordered the state to pay $8.6 million to a motorcyclist who was severely injured when he struck six wild boars on a state highway in 2003." Read more
"
My condolences. Losing six family members in a single accident is a terrible blow.