Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jako View Post
I like the V-Strom and the Versys, but the price starts to climb there. I see your point about the off-road capabilities though. I guess I just don't know terrains and where to draw the line between a good dirt road and something nastier. I don't think I'll be doing any crazy trail riding, especially with little experience. I'm sure I'll be on pavement most of the time.
When you get out west there are thousands of miles of improved dirt roads to loads and loads of sites. Get a map for the 4 corners area that covers hundreds of things to see in the 4 states areas of Utah, Arizona, Colorado and N'Mexico. These roads are easily navigable on most any bike. If you are taking the trouble to ride out west I recommend taking some time in this area. One big city is pretty much like any other. Dirty, crime ridden and expensive. Pointless to come all this way just to see Los Angeles and Frisco, that's for sure.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

One of my customers just called to tell me he's picking up a Conni 14. He's going to sell his Versys for about $6200. It's got panniers and others stuff for distance riding. He said he'd join the forum and show you pics of the bike if you're interested. His name is Graham and we are located in North Metro Atlanta.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
jako
Registered Member

I appreciate it, but at the moment that's out of my price range.
jako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jako View Post
I appreciate it, but at the moment that's out of my price range.
I'd stick with the wee-strom then. Cheap bike for the bucks. Saw one on CL today for $3200.