Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Fight nice ladies....
NOBODY is calling Connie 14 fat around me! I love her, and someday, she will be mine. Or maybe the VMax. Or some Beemer I haven't even seen yet.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #13
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

FAT FAT fat FaT faT Fat FAt FAT!!!!11

So there.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:04 PM   #14
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
NOBODY is calling Connie 14 fat around me! I love her, and someday, she will be mine. Or maybe the VMax. Or some Beemer I haven't even seen yet.
The Connie weighs 121 lbs more than the ZX14. That must be some heavy-ass luggage cases it's carrying.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
The Connie weighs 121 lbs more than the ZX14. That must be some heavy-ass luggage cases it's carrying.
While we are at it, how in the hell does the B-King have a claimed dry weight of 518 lbs? It's a frickin' naked! It weighs 32 lbs more than the zx14 and the Hayabusa.

Suzuki can make the GSX-R1000, with equal or more horse power, weigh 139 lbs less, but as soon as they give us a standard the sumb!tch all of a sudden packs on at least 100 lbs while losing 20-30 lbs in plastic? Oh, and the B-King costs $1400 more.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #16
redsavina
Registered Member

Thanks for the useful responses. I think I will continue to ride my M50 until the Utah winter prevents me from doing so, then probably move up to a more touring style bike next spring.

Dont get me wrong, I still get a perma-grin each time I take my bike for a spin. Its way fun to ride, and I get regular complements. I have maintained it well, and it rides extreemly smooth. Its great on gas, as I currently get about 55mpg. The power is totally acceptable for riding around town, and the handeling is great for cruizing. However, there are times when I have the throttle opened all the way, and I wish there was more available, especially when going uphill.
redsavina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsavina View Post
Thanks for the useful responses. I think I will continue to ride my M50 until the Utah winter prevents me from doing so, then probably move up to a more touring style bike next spring.

Dont get me wrong, I still get a perma-grin each time I take my bike for a spin. Its way fun to ride, and I get regular complements. I have maintained it well, and it rides extreemly smooth. Its great on gas, as I currently get about 55mpg. The power is totally acceptable for riding around town, and the handeling is great for cruizing. However, there are times when I have the throttle opened all the way, and I wish there was more available, especially when going uphill.
EVERYBODY wants more Power now and again. But remember: Power Corrupts, and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely. And REAL, ULTIMATE Power Corrupts REALLY, ULTIMATELY, and Absolutely................
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #18
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I remember George an' Weezy - when THEY moved on up to the East Side - to that DE-lux Apartment, IN the SKY............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 09-01-2008 at 07:42 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
redsavina
Registered Member

I havent been on my bike or this forum all winter. It was difficult to pass by my garaged bike for 5 months, but its nice to be back on the road.

I have discovered that my riding skills were a little rusty at first, but it all came back to me after 2 rides or so.

I still really like my M50, and I mounted a manual throttle lock on it. I feel much more confident in my riding skills, although very tight u-turns make me slightly nervous 20% of the time. I also break a little earlier than I probably need to, but I guess thats a "how far are you hanging out there" kind of thing.

As I think about selling my M50, the more I realize I am interested in a more "feature rich" ride way more than increased power. I would love to have a windshield (adjustable), electronic cruise control, hand warmer grips, bluetooth helmet, storage space for my laptop and such, a tachometer, remote security push button start instead of keys, shaft drive, 6 speed, front and rear disc (ABS might be nice) etc... Kinda sounds like a Concours 14, yikes!Unfortunately, the bikes with these options are like $13,000+.

After waking up from that dream, I am still very stoked to be riding my M50 (except for when I ride with my impatient buddy with his 600 sport bike, lol).

Last edited by redsavina : 04-28-2009 at 09:42 PM.
redsavina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 AM   #20
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Good for you! Most people would have gone out and bought way more bike than they could ever handle. Check out what options for upgrades exist for your bike. The link 12er posted (08/30/08 @ 8:33pm) has some good stuff. Check it out.