Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 08-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

You lucky dog in Spain get some trick little bike, you get Derbi or Aprilla. 2 strokes best for new rider.

I think.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
CrazyRider
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
You lucky dog in Spain get some trick little bike, you get Derbi or Aprilla. 2 strokes best for new rider.

I think.
I find the Yamaha better looking than those two. But I don't know about the performance. That´s why I posted this thread.

Thank you for your opinion,
CrazyBiker
CrazyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

We Amurricans just don't get the cool smaller bikes. I'd love to see those 125s here! Have fun choosing a bike, and come back to tell us what you think!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:26 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Yes, the Yamaha is better looking, but it's a freeking four stroke! 125cc Four Strokes, unless modified to the point of melt-down, are slow turds.

You can also run the two-cycle until hell freezes over, with a few ring replacements and spark plugs.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Yes, the Yamaha is better looking, but it's a freeking four stroke! 125cc Four Strokes, unless modified to the point of melt-down, are slow turds.

You can also run the two-cycle until hell freezes over, with a few ring replacements and spark plugs.
I don't know about that. The Hyosung 125 v-twin is supposed to get 18hp. That's more than Honda's original XL250.... well it was a slow turd too, wasn't it?

Never mind.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:59 AM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Its a shame America thinks bigger is always better cause some of the four stroke 400cc we missed out on around the early ninties, cut like a deep wound, not to mention the two strokes.

CBR400RR, GSXR400R, ZX4R?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #17
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Oh, I dunno. 400 cc is pretty wimpy. Can't keep up with traffic, ya know.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
Old 08-24-2008, 02:48 AM   #18
CrazyRider
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hi, I'm back to let you all know that I went to a Yamaha dealer yesterday and they had the Yamaha YZF R125 in "midnight black". The size seems to be good for my size. I said I would like to buy that motorcycle in the color "sports white" and they can get it in a week after the request.

So now I only have to convince my parents that motorcycles are cool and not dangerous. That can take while... Is there a thread on how to do it???

CrazyRider
Old 08-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #19
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Well, they *are* dangerous. The key to being a safe rider is recognizing the danger and learning how to minimize it. Wearing full safety gear (leathers or armored mesh, full helmet, gloves, boots) is one way to protect yourself, but even more important is what you have in your head. If you learn how to ride safely -- where the hazards are and how to avoid them -- then it's possible to ride with as much safety as possible. AND to help your parents recognize that you are going into riding in the right way.

There are a lot of books on safe riding technique, at least in English. You also should take a class on riding on the street (NOT track riding), if those exist in Europe.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #20
CrazyRider
Registered Member

Question

Nice you talked about safety gear... What do you recommend? I went to Yamaha website and saw some cool stuff but I don't know... A helmet and gloves but I don't know about the rest.
Maybe you can help Yamaha Accessories Overview - Motorcycle, Riding gear, ATV, Scooter, Marine, Lifestyle wear, Yamalube, luggage, Star Off-road (Spanish Site)

The bike is red and white.

Thanks,
CrazyRider

Last edited by CrazyRider : 08-24-2008 at 10:16 AM.