Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   Safety Equipment questions: (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/8467-safety-equipment-questions.html)

The_AirHawk 01-21-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 201991)
Cripes. Do we have to chain you up again?

I was askin' for KEN!

Sheesh! Try to do a Bro a favour, and people bring out the cattle prods and handcuffs............

sfcdjevans 01-21-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachiwilson (Post 187207)
Don't ignore the need for pants. You don't want to have your kneecaps ground off in a slide.

So the doctor says today "What are these black lines? I don't recall those.". "Oh" says I. "Why those particular ones have been there for 30 years." says I.

Hurt like ****. Good thing it was along time ago.

sfcdjevans 01-21-2009 01:13 PM

For BG

Aerostich Transit. The "new" leather. Bring money.
"The new Transit Leather suit is not a rejection or a repudiation of our principles." Mr. Subjective(March 2008)

What you don't fondle your 'stich catalog?

Kenneth_Moore 01-21-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 202007)
I was askin' for KEN!

Sheesh! Try to do a Bro a favour, and people bring out the cattle prods and handcuffs............

The old "Bait and Switch" routine, huh? I had to gnaw my arm off a few times when I got suckered on that one.

sarnali2 01-21-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 202007)
I was askin' for KEN!

You know I've told him before about that sh*t...at least go on a few dates and get her drunk before you try tiein' her to the bed post, not everyone is into that stuff....

seruzawa 01-21-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 202018)
You know I've told him before about that sh*t...at least go on a few dates and get her drunk before you try tiein' her to the bed post, not everyone is into that stuff....

Cripes. Here you guys go again. And then I'm the one who gets ragged on for your BS. There ain't no justice in the world.

Guess I'll go up to my cabin a "rotate" my supply of Schnapps.

mscuddy 01-21-2009 04:33 PM

A vintage Frigidair refrigerator with leg & arm holes cut out, and a periscope for seeing what is about to hit you would work good. Also a good palce to stash a few cold ones while you're waiting for the ambulance.

Kenneth_Moore 01-21-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 202032)
A vintage Frigidair refrigerator with leg & arm holes cut out, and a periscope for seeing what is about to hit you would work good. Also a good palce to stash a few cold ones while you're waiting for the ambulance.

Curse you Matt! I was reading this on my laptop in a late meeting and lost it laughing out loud...

BadGun 01-22-2009 07:48 AM

No need for knee sliders with the Frigidair? Only a few cold ones? It will likely take me 6 or 8 to get rid of the pounding in my head! Plus the cold Vodka to pour over the road rash whilst picking out the gravel and grass...been there, done that!

BadGun 01-22-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfcdjevans (Post 202011)
Aerostich Transit. The "new" leather. Bring money.
"The new Transit Leather suit is not a rejection or a repudiation of our principles." Mr. Subjective(March 2008)

What you don't fondle your 'stich catalog?

OMFG you weren't freaking kidding!
Transit Pants
#249 $697.00
Can you pay too much for protection though? Is Goretex really waterproof? Did we really land on the moon? These are questions for the ages! My experience with Goretex is marginal at best: the pores clog with sweat, heavy precipitation overcomes it's 'waterproofness'.