Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   Safety Equipment questions: (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/8467-safety-equipment-questions.html)

The_AirHawk 01-20-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadGun (Post 201811)
Gentlemen and ladies,
I know, generally, a jack of all trades is a master of none; however, is there a pant out there that is decent for winter riding on a cruiser and fast riding on a sport bike? Please be frank, or jack...whatever you prefer.

Jack not Name - Jack Job....................

12er 01-20-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadGun (Post 201811)

Gentlemen and ladies,
I know, generally, a jack of all trades is a master of none; however, is there a pant out there that is decent for winter riding on a cruiser and fast riding on a sport bike? Please be frank, or jack...whatever you prefer.

Check out the Darian pants on aerostich's website. They are black so they are fashion forward for your cruiser and still offer decent protection on the old sport bike. Opt for the hip pads. Or better yet buy a two piece roadcrafter and call it a day.

sarnali2 01-20-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 201819)
Check our the Darian pants on aerostich's website. They are black so they are fashion forward for your cruiser and still offer decent protection on the old sport bike. Opt for the hip pads. Or better yet buy a two piece roadcrafter and call it a day.

Ditto on the Darien pants, I wear a Darien jacket and pants combo and I'd say they're the best around, in the cold weather I wear the Aerostitch fleece pants under them and just my boxers and I'm warm as toast. In summer I wear a pair of shorts under them or just my boxers and they're good up to around 75 or so then they get a little warm however they have thinner Darien Lights that are much better for hot weather.

BadGun 01-20-2009 01:02 PM

Thanks for the reply, Job. LOL. Do you carry anything in leather or can comment on decent leather pants?

Lisa11 01-20-2009 08:51 PM

hi

Safety is a big issue while driving. We should take all the precautions of safety while driving.

Lisa11

The_AirHawk 01-20-2009 09:34 PM

Hello Lisa, do you like to take long walks on the beach in the moonlight? Do you like Gladiator movies?

The_AirHawk 01-20-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 187255)
Don't get the gloves with the faux carbon fibre knuckles, I hear they can shatter and get little bits stuck in your hands....

Those TiMax gloves, in addition to being durable AND comfy make an impressive shower of white sparks on the pavement when you're sliding down hwy 279 at 60mph late at night.

But I wouldn't know anything about that.

sarnali2 01-21-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 201909)
Those TiMax gloves, in addition to being durable AND comfy make an impressive shower of white sparks on the pavement when you're sliding down hwy 279 at 60mph late at night.

But I wouldn't know anything about that.

did you know titanium is the hottest burning metal?..maybe it's magnesium.. Those white sparks are probably 1000* hotter than the yellow sparks you get off your centerstand when you push it down onto the freeway at night to f'k with cagers..

trenttheuncatchable 01-21-2009 08:24 AM

He (and anyone else researching gear) should look at the webbikeworld site, and check out their motorcycle gear reviews.

Kenneth_Moore 01-21-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 201908)
Hello Lisa, do you like to take long walks on the beach in the moonlight? Do you like Gladiator movies?

You're going to invite her to join the Secret Elite Club, aren't you? Everybody in the Secret Elite Club wears those Darien pants. That's how you can tell they're in the Secret Elite Club. I HATE Darien pants. I have Recon pants. Recon pants people have their own Secret Elite Club. HAHAHAHA!