Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 05-30-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Newbies!- Listen Up!

You want to know why we tend to give y'all crap when you ask questions about sportbikes? Read this: 2 Dead in Motorcycle Crash on wsbradio.com

Squids and newbies give the entire community a bad name. I haven't heard it directly but I'd wager to guess they all came from the Vortex Bike Night. The ride from Northside Dr to Canton Rd is about 10 miles. These IDIOTS (that's not nearly the word that fits) chose to run but this all could have been avoided. They are all DUMBA$$ES. The bad part is the deaths. The family of the girl have to be have to be freakin out. And the excuses will be flying. This is the exact reason you guys catch sh!t from us. Start on something you can ride and be smart! Training classes are a must. It's a life long source of entertainment and enjoyment. Don't be in such a fu<king hurry to be the coolest. Learn something from this or take up skydiving as you d@mn hobby.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2008, 06:08 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Is it so hard to imagine that a cop could say: "Gee, that dumbass kid is going to run. I think I won't go into a high speed pursuit that puts not only me, the kids on the bike, and total strangers who have nothing to do with it in peril, over a damn traffic infraction. Yeah, the kid is a dumbass who essentially murdered that girl, but the cop is an accessory to the crime.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 AM   #3
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Is it so hard to imagine that a cop could say: "Gee, that dumbass kid is going to run. I think I won't go into a high speed pursuit that puts not only me, the kids on the bike, and total strangers who have nothing to do with it in peril, over a damn traffic infraction. Yeah, the kid is a dumbass who essentially murdered that girl, but the cop is an accessory to the crime.
High speed chases really need to be clamped down on. How many times have you seen chases end with other vehicles getting hit?

Wrecking cop cars, wrecking passenger vehicles, and injuring civilians just to nab someone who initially only ran a light or was speeding is retarded.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- that's horsesh!t. The Troppers were in the city on I75. Those (all of them) kids could have easily pulled over and taken the speeding tickets and those that were DRUNK tossed in jail for the night. THEY chose the contest of speed and lost. The Troopers were about a half mile from the bike that crashed when the Squid lost it. In the area he was in he could have easly turned on any side street and waited for the heat to cool. Instead he took a long left hand sweeper and threw it away. The Tropper didn't do that to the kid! The kid's bonehead move cost that girl's life.

Crime and Punishment. The kid commited the crime and ran. The Troopers were simply enforcing the punishment. The way the Troopers pursue in this city I am taking the Trooper's side in this one. It was late with light traffic and the kids were all going about 120mph according to a friend. The Troopers knew the kids were going to split off and picked. The rest is now history. The kids that were with him should be booked for vehicular manslaughter charges for being involved. We would expect so much if a cage driver took out a motorcyclist. They ran in a pack and should take the punishment the same.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
pushrod
Founding Member

Ace,

I wouldn't trust that news article! The journo obviously hasn't been to 'Sensational News 101'.

I mean, c'mon; were they wearing helmets? It's not mentioned, see?

But seriously, my heart goes out to the families of both kids. The girls' especially; but also the kid's.

Neither one deserved to die that night.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
bbtowns
Founding Member

Man that sucks for everyone involved. How many us, 20 or more years ago when we were young, haven't been tempted or actually did, use the throttle to lose a cop while he was making a u-turn to ticket us. I'm not advocating it, it's a stupid a$$ thing to do, but youth ain't exactly the time of restraint. I can remember hauling ass for a mile or two and then ditching up a dirt road to "let the heat cool". Can't say I regret it, but I sure wouldn't do it now. Sounds like the rider was inexperienced, and I'm sure the girl's family is devastated. No ticket is worth killing yourself to avoid. Kids these days are older now.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Default I'm 22...

and i never understood why people made fun of guys starting to ride at my age... i guess its because of assholes like this. Cmon, who runs from the cops? Your NOT going to get away, your not faster than a radio. I feel bad for the families, and i feel bad that their dead but it was his choice, I really feel bad for the girl.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If you run you MIGHT get away, you MIGHT get caught, and you MIGHT die. This guy died and took another person with him. I wonder if he could turn that clock back and make that decision to run again, would he choose to take that ticket instead of two people dying? I think he might. Bad decisions usually lead to bad outcomes.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #9
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

We're going to be seeing a lot more of this in FL now, thanks to that ******* Rep in Miami. His new law, which has mandatory jail, mandatory bike sizure, mandatory loss of riding priviledge for 10 years for SPEEDING should be named:

"THAT ******* REP IN MIAMI'S INCENTIVE TO RUN FROM THE COPS AND KILL PEOPLE LAW." Or maybe they can name it after the first 9 year old who gets killed by somebody involved in a high speed chase, like "Donovan's Law."

There are plenty of states and municipalities that have banned their police from high speed pursuits unless there is an imminent, grave danger to the public. Like a bank robber fleeing with a car full automatic weapons. Teenagers on bikes, even packs of them speeding, are far less dangerous than adrenaline buzzed cops in the depths of a pursuit rage.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM   #10
Hillsons
Registered Member

Unfortunately this is an example of natural selection, even on the girls part for getting on a bike with the guy
Hillsons is offline   Reply With Quote