Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   Newbies!- Listen Up! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/8283-newbies-listen-up.html)

Kenneth_Moore 06-03-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 186068)
Cmon, who runs from the cops? Your NOT going to get away, your not faster than a radio.

I don't want to shock you, but there's a lot of riders out there who would sooner spray BBQ fluid on their bikes and toss a match than pull over for the cops. The last time I got pulled over on my bike, the cop was so pleased that I stopped he gave me a little lecture and sent me on my way. And he specifically told me it was because I stopped; I could have been long gone should I have chosen to run. If I read it right, the group this kid was riding with all got away, except for this one bike. Radio has yet to stop a vehicle, especially a bike in an urban setting. A helicopter has a good chance at directing the cops to the bikes location, but even a chopper can't stop a sportbike. Hey, "a chopper can't stop a sportbike." I like that...

seruzawa 06-03-2008 12:32 PM

Not only that.....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 186049)
Ken- that's horsesh!t. The Troppers were in the city on I75. Those (all of them) kids could have easily pulled over and taken the speeding tickets and those that were DRUNK tossed in jail for the night. THEY chose the contest of speed and lost. The Troopers were about a half mile from the bike that crashed when the Squid lost it. In the area he was in he could have easly turned on any side street and waited for the heat to cool. Instead he took a long left hand sweeper and threw it away. The Tropper didn't do that to the kid! The kid's bonehead move cost that girl's life.

Crime and Punishment. The kid commited the crime and ran. The Troopers were simply enforcing the punishment. The way the Troopers pursue in this city I am taking the Trooper's side in this one. It was late with light traffic and the kids were all going about 120mph according to a friend. The Troopers knew the kids were going to split off and picked. The rest is now history. The kids that were with him should be booked for vehicular manslaughter charges for being involved. We would expect so much if a cage driver took out a motorcyclist. They ran in a pack and should take the punishment the same.

... but those cops might get to end up on "Wildest Police Videos" too!

seruzawa 06-03-2008 12:40 PM

Unfortunately we live in a society where the average person has entirely sold any concept of real personal freedom for the illusory security of govt regulation. While these irresponsible sportbikers are the ones bringing more govt power on us it was bound to happen any way. I'm just glad that I got to live in a time where the "public interest" hadn't been yet extended regulating smoking in your own home.

Well, those times are gone. Expect even more draconian rules for the most minor infractions. Expect your neighbors (cowardly cagers all) to cheer the growth of the smiling fascist nanny state.

I'll bet not more than one or two of even you MO members ever wrote your reps to protest the constant govt power grab. Don't expect your non-riding neighbors to give a shyt. They would welcome a national motorcycle ban with thunderous applause. They'll send us all to hell if they think it will save them a buck .

longride 06-03-2008 01:48 PM

"I'll bet not more than one or two of even you MO members ever wrote your reps to protest the constant govt power grab."

I bet most aren't AMA members either. It's the only real voice we have in DC.

sarnali2 06-03-2008 02:26 PM

You guys should move to the Peoples Democratic Republic of Seattle if you want a nanny state. The garbage men check your trash to see if you have any recyclables in there and fine you accordingly. After a vote of the people turned them down, the city council went ahead and financed a new ballpark anyway with tax money so Paul Allen wouldn't sell the Mariners..The city is in King County, the letterhead used to be a small gold colored crown. After it came out that the counties namesake Rufus Devane King was a slave owner, they changed it to "Dr. Martin Luther King" County and use a profile of MLK as the new letterhead. They even tried to change the name of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport or SeaTac to MLK International Airport

I'm sure MLK was a great man but he don't have jack sh*t to do with Seattle, never even went there and they already renamed one of the main thoroughfares after him and half a dozen elementry schools. there isn't even a large Black population here. Given the regions large Native American, Asian and now Hispanic population and the fact that the city was named after Chief Sealth they should by rights use him or Hirohito or Juan f*ckin' Valdez for that matter.....I guess pandering to Native Americans is passe` now.

That's why I live in Pierce County and do my business in Tacoma, I don't have anything to do with Seattle if I can help it.

BrowningBAR 06-03-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 186343)
The garbage men check your trash to see if you have any recyclables in there and fine you accordingly.

-Come to Bucks County where they try to charge you $35 per month if you want to recycle.

Kenneth_Moore 06-03-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 186344)
-Come to Bucks County where they try to charge you $35 per month if you want to recycle.

Why do you think they call it "Bucks?"

sarnali2 06-03-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 186344)
-Come to Bucks County where they try to charge you $35 per month if you want to recycle.

You have to pay for it here too, I don't think it's $35 a month though...

longride 06-04-2008 03:47 AM

You guys should be happy to pay for the cost of recycling. The good feeling you get in your heart knowing you are saving the world is priceless.

seruzawa 06-04-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 186343)
You guys should move to the Peoples Democratic Republic of Seattle if you want a nanny state. The garbage men check your trash to see if you have any recyclables in there and fine you accordingly. After a vote of the people turned them down, the city council went ahead and financed a new ballpark anyway with tax money so Paul Allen wouldn't sell the Mariners..The city is in King County, the letterhead used to be a small gold colored crown. After it came out that the counties namesake Rufus Devane King was a slave owner, they changed it to "Dr. Martin Luther King" County and use a profile of MLK as the new letterhead. They even tried to change the name of Seattle-Tacoma International Airport or SeaTac to MLK International Airport

I'm sure MLK was a great man but he don't have jack sh*t to do with Seattle, never even went there and they already renamed one of the main thoroughfares after him and half a dozen elementry schools. there isn't even a large Black population here. Given the regions large Native American, Asian and now Hispanic population and the fact that the city was named after Chief Sealth they should by rights use him or Hirohito or Juan f*ckin' Valdez for that matter.....I guess pandering to Native Americans is passe` now.

That's why I live in Pierce County and do my business in Tacoma, I don't have anything to do with Seattle if I can help it.

That's pretty funny. Ain't white guilt grand? I'll bet they're passing all kinds of gun laws too and thereby increasing the crime rates. You might be Los Angeles North pretty soon.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 AM.