Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   Lawyer Offering Emergency Braking Tips for Preventing Injuries (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/7721-lawyer-offering-emergency-braking-tips-for-preventing-injuries.html)

longride 04-10-2008 11:47 AM

My dad insisted that I stop riding motorcycles immediately. Glad I didn't listen to him!

Buzglyd 04-10-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182146)
My dad insisted that I stop riding motorcycles immediately. Glad I didn't listen to him!

I insist you stop as well.

Kenneth_Moore 04-10-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 182144)
My dad insisted I learn to stop with the front brake, I'm glad he did. This was back in the cable operated drum brake days so locking the wheel wasn't as much an issue as now. When I started street riding I had to learn to modulate it a little.

I think they should disconnect the back brake for the MSF class and then the 1st 3 months of ownership. My unnamed riding pal STILL uses only the back brake, and this is after having put his Road King into a guard rail after entering an exit ramp a little too hot. Every time I ride behind him I want to scream....

seruzawa 04-10-2008 12:11 PM

Already done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 182147)

He doesn't ride. He's in Chicago. LOL!

longride 04-10-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 182147)

Bout time you showed up. Did you stop glowing yet?

longride 04-10-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 182149)
He doesn't ride. He's in Chicago. LOL!

Oh Yeah? Well once global warming kicks in and the temp goes up 30 degrees and the seas rise 20 feet, I'll be living right on the beach! We will see who is laughing then!

seruzawa 04-10-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 182153)
Oh Yeah? Well once global warming kicks in and the temp goes up 30 degrees and the seas rise 20 feet, I'll be living right on the beach! We will see who is laughing then!

I'll still be laughing because I'll own beach front property also! It's Buz, Ken & Pushrod who are going to be treading water.

sarnali2 04-10-2008 01:04 PM

I was lucky to have a rabid motorcyclist for a father, guess we can't all be so priviliged....

30 foot rise in the Pacific would, gimme a hell of a view. I've been wanting to buy a boat too, oddly enough.

newagetwotone 04-10-2008 01:06 PM

That would be very bad... water level rise that is... I live in Pittsburgh, the whole city would be under water. PPG building would be pretty cool looking though.

seruzawa 04-10-2008 02:07 PM

Yes, but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by newagetwotone (Post 182159)
That would be very bad... water level rise that is... I live in Pittsburgh, the whole city would be under water. PPG building would be pretty cool looking though.

... every cloud has a silver lining. Washington, DC would be under water too.