Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 02-02-2008, 06:18 AM   #61
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default New Ninja looks cool, too!

The new 2008 Ninja 250 looks cool! It is more in line with modern sport bike styling. You can even tour on them if you want.

This year a my brother, his wife and I went on 2,000 mile ride. She rode her Ninja 250 (with saddlebags) and had no trouble keeping up with us. One warning... watch out for passing big rigs on the highways. The wind blast they generate has a tendency to push the little Ninja around a bit more than a bigger bike. Enjoy!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #62
seruzawa
The Toad

Default My apologies longride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Hell if a dude can take a Shovel around the world, I bet the Knuck can make it around the country. Sounds like a good MO story eh?
I spoke too soon. I forgot that with the availability of trailers that you can tow behind a motorcycle you now have the ability to carry all the spares, lathes, boring machines, etc. needed to circumnavigate the greatest country on god's green Earth on a Knucklehead. You can even pull the 50 gallon drum of oil you'll need.

As a Harley owner I'm sure you've learned that oil is much cheaper in bulk.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 AM   #63
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Well when Sarnali rides that old thing to Daytona next year you will be jealous as all hell. You can follow the oil streak all the way down just to prove he did it!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 AM   #64
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
trailers that you can tow behind a motorcycle you now have the ability to carry all the spares, lathes, boring machines, etc.
And with a simple scoop type modification, you could rig the trailer to gather up the various parts of the bike that rattle off as you ride along for reinstallation at the next stop. That setup would have saved me thousands of dollars in replacement parts if I'd had it for the Shovelhead.

Suzukis are sooo boring. Ain't it grand?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #65
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post

Suzukis are sooo boring. Ain't it grand?
Eight years and 70K miles on the ol' GSX110G and no repairs beyond the usual seals, replacing wheel bearings and rebuilding the seat. Bought for $2800 and sold for $1800. Definitely stay away from air-oil cooled Zookers if you like to wrench. Looks like the SV1000 engines are on the same path.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #66
OnlyISay
Registered Member

Cool NEW To Motorcycling - WHAT BIKE TO START WITH?

Hello All,

I have a few questions that I am going to throw out there if you could get back to me that would be stellar!

1. I take my training course in April but would like to get a bike right before so that I can learn about it prior to the course and riding it. What would be the top five best SPORT BIKES/CROTCH ROCKET bikes to learn on and yet have enough power to keep this guy satisfied for a couple of years? (I am pretty intense but dont want too much power 5'8", 190 lbs and ferocious lol...)
a. suggestion
b. suggestion
c. suggestion
d. suggestion
e. suggestion

2. Which of the top bikes will be the easiest to maintain and be the best overall reliable ride if I dont want to do a lot of maintenance and modifications to it?

3. Of your suggestions can you please identify in your opinion why XXXXXXX CROTCH ROCKET would be the perfect stater bike for me.

4. FINALLY WHERE CAN I GET YOUR SUGGESTED BIKE AT A REASONABLE PRICE - WHAT RANGE SHOULD I PAY AND HOW DOES MILEAGE AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF A ROCKET, WILL IT STILL LAST ME IF IT HAS HIGHER MILEAGE?

AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME...

OnlyISay - Jake
OnlyISay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 AM   #67
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

You're so doomed.

Have at him, guys - I have work to do.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 AM   #68
seruzawa
The Toad

NO 'crotch rocket' would be the perfect starter bike. I won't help you commit suicide. Try the Kawasaki KZ500. That should be sufficient for a year or two.

Motorcycling has to be approached very seriously or you will likely end up dead or severely injured.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #69
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'd say buy the fastest 'CROTCH ROCKET' out there so you do a complete job. No f&cking yourself up with one of the slower ones and costing the good taxpayers lots of cash with long term care. No SIR! Please get a Busa or ZX-14 and pin the throttle as early and often as you can so whatver is left of you when you bite the big one can be carted off to the coroner in bushel baskets, and the firefighters can wash whatever stains you left behind off the street. Price of the bike doesn't matter, because you won't be around long enough to make the first payment. Have fun Jake.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #70
pushrod
Founding Member

Why do folks ignore the "Search This Thread" button?

Do a look-see for something like, say, "First Bike" and walleye! All sorts of good poop.

'Course, this post smacks of flamebait, so...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote