Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #361
Jofaba
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Default

I find out what kind of loan I'm going to be looking at tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Jofaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #362
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofaba View Post
I find out what kind of loan I'm going to be looking at tomorrow. Wish me luck!
You should take the Loan Officer a Present - something chocolate.

I know! - Take a Chocolate Gun as a Gift for them!

Then, rush into the Bank excitedly and shout "GIVE ME THE MONEY OR YOU WON'T HAVE A REASON TO LIVE!" and wave the Chocolate around for everyone to see what a wonderful gift you've brought.

Success is a virtual Guarantee!
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #363
jeff10236
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofaba View Post
I find out what kind of loan I'm going to be looking at tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Good luck. Are you going to the bank? Not a bad idea, but don't lock yourself in. Suzuki has some nice financing incentives right now, if your credit is good you can get an incredible rate.
jeff10236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #364
Jofaba
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff10236 View Post
Good luck. Are you going to the bank? Not a bad idea, but don't lock yourself in. Suzuki has some nice financing incentives right now, if your credit is good you can get an incredible rate.
My credit sucks balls. When I was trying to get my Honda Ruckus I tried every avenue. I ultimately ended up having this credit union give me a loan and it had damn good rates. I got 1,500 towards a 2,500 bike. When I called them Saturday they made it seem like my perfect history with them this past year plus non of my info (pay,job, etc) changing meant I was a shoe-in for a great loan. I'm hoping I get a $2k loan as it's really all I need, and it'd be incredibly helpful.

Honda wouldn't touch me. I know that doesn't mean Suzuki wouldn't either, but since I have an established history with this CU, I think I'll get the best deal there. Thanks for the advice though!
Jofaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #365
Jofaba
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Default

I got approved for financing! Means I just need to take the MSF course and come up with around $2,300 (includes all taxes, fees, msf course, insurance, etc). Should be in the seat and on the road in the next 6-8 weeks!
Jofaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #366
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member
 
Dr_Sprocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Delmarva Peninsula
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofaba View Post
I got approved for financing! Means I just need to take the MSF course and come up with around $2,300 (includes all taxes, fees, msf course, insurance, etc). Should be in the seat and on the road in the next 6-8 weeks!
Congrats! Love to hear about your experiences as you learn. It's always a fresh reminder to hear from the newbs. Keeps us on our toes!
__________________
"Aid to the helpless indigent is civilized. Aid to the irresponsible is socially corrosive." ----- Schizuki (c. 2011)
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #367
Jofaba
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Default

Things are moving fast. Instead of shooting for my endorsement right out the door, I'm going to get my learner's permit and learn on my own terms on the service road connected to my parking lot. So that means I need around a thousand less to get started. =)

I will definitely share my experiences. Also will do a written and video review. Literally my only worry is the seat hight. But I think I'm over thinking it.

As things stand, the plan is I'll have this bike sitting in my parking lot in less than 25 days. I may need to sell a few things that I'd rather not sell in order to make that happen, but it'll be worth it in the long run.
Jofaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #368
Jofaba
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Default

Okay, so for anyone who cares, here's what my experience with Suzuki has been thus far:

I call the main number. It says push whatever for motorcycles. I push it. It gives a telephone number to call, it repeats it twice, it does not say the same number twice. The middle three numbers go from like 868 to 686 in it's repeat.

I figure I was wrong, I call the second number. They say they get calls for Suzuki all the time. Not them. I call the first number. It doesn't exist. I recall the main number, and they say they know about the number problem. I ask what the right number is, they say there isn't one. They give me a number and I call it. No salesmen, just a lone mechanic. He says call frank and gives me yet another number. I call it. Ron answers. Ron talks to me like he's aggrivated that he has to even answer the phone. He ultimately says he can get me to sit on the bike for $500 non-refundable. I call him back and he says he can transfer that deposit to another bike if I don't like the TU250.

Local Suzuki doesn't even have the cruiser I'd be settling on so **** Suzuki.

I sat on the Yamaha Cruiser and it fit like a glove. And turns out someone is selling one locally, half the price, 2006 model, under 900 miles, and they're 2.5 miles from my parents. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow and may own it next week.
Jofaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #369
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofaba View Post
Okay, so for anyone who cares, here's what my experience with Suzuki has been thus far:

I call the main number. It says push whatever for motorcycles. I push it. It gives a telephone number to call, it repeats it twice, it does not say the same number twice. The middle three numbers go from like 868 to 686 in it's repeat.

I figure I was wrong, I call the second number. They say they get calls for Suzuki all the time. Not them. I call the first number. It doesn't exist. I recall the main number, and they say they know about the number problem. I ask what the right number is, they say there isn't one. They give me a number and I call it. No salesmen, just a lone mechanic. He says call frank and gives me yet another number. I call it. Ron answers. Ron talks to me like he's aggrivated that he has to even answer the phone. He ultimately says he can get me to sit on the bike for $500 non-refundable. I call him back and he says he can transfer that deposit to another bike if I don't like the TU250.

Local Suzuki doesn't even have the cruiser I'd be settling on so **** Suzuki.

I sat on the Yamaha Cruiser and it fit like a glove. And turns out someone is selling one locally, half the price, 2006 model, under 900 miles, and they're 2.5 miles from my parents. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow and may own it next week.
Wait. They want to charge you $500 to sit on a bike?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:15 AM   #370
Jofaba
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 33
Default

They'd have to order it so it's really more of a "non-refundable deposit". So It'd be a gamble. If it fit, great, if not, I'm out $500 or have to buy some other Suzuki. And let's say they didn't have the cruiser 250 in stock. There's no other Suzuki I'm interested in. And if I have to choose a cruiser, the Suzuki isn't my first pick.
Jofaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off