Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   New Rider? Read this thread FIRST! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/7428-new-rider-read-thread-first.html)

Jofaba 04-19-2010 06:15 PM

I find out what kind of loan I'm going to be looking at tomorrow. Wish me luck!

The_AirHawk 04-19-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofaba (Post 239932)

You should take the Loan Officer a Present - something chocolate.

I know! - Take a Chocolate Gun as a Gift for them!

Then, rush into the Bank excitedly and shout "GIVE ME THE MONEY OR YOU WON'T HAVE A REASON TO LIVE!" and wave the Chocolate around for everyone to see what a wonderful gift you've brought.

Success is a virtual Guarantee!

jeff10236 04-19-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofaba (Post 239932)

Good luck. Are you going to the bank? Not a bad idea, but don't lock yourself in. Suzuki has some nice financing incentives right now, if your credit is good you can get an incredible rate.

Jofaba 04-19-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff10236 (Post 239941)
Good luck. Are you going to the bank? Not a bad idea, but don't lock yourself in. Suzuki has some nice financing incentives right now, if your credit is good you can get an incredible rate.

My credit sucks balls. When I was trying to get my Honda Ruckus I tried every avenue. I ultimately ended up having this credit union give me a loan and it had damn good rates. I got 1,500 towards a 2,500 bike. When I called them Saturday they made it seem like my perfect history with them this past year plus non of my info (pay,job, etc) changing meant I was a shoe-in for a great loan. I'm hoping I get a $2k loan as it's really all I need, and it'd be incredibly helpful.

Honda wouldn't touch me. I know that doesn't mean Suzuki wouldn't either, but since I have an established history with this CU, I think I'll get the best deal there. Thanks for the advice though!

Jofaba 04-21-2010 06:36 PM

I got approved for financing! Means I just need to take the MSF course and come up with around $2,300 (includes all taxes, fees, msf course, insurance, etc). Should be in the seat and on the road in the next 6-8 weeks!

Dr_Sprocket 04-21-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofaba (Post 240108)
I got approved for financing! Means I just need to take the MSF course and come up with around $2,300 (includes all taxes, fees, msf course, insurance, etc). Should be in the seat and on the road in the next 6-8 weeks!

Congrats! Love to hear about your experiences as you learn. It's always a fresh reminder to hear from the newbs. Keeps us on our toes!

Jofaba 04-25-2010 04:23 PM

Things are moving fast. Instead of shooting for my endorsement right out the door, I'm going to get my learner's permit and learn on my own terms on the service road connected to my parking lot. So that means I need around a thousand less to get started. =)

I will definitely share my experiences. Also will do a written and video review. Literally my only worry is the seat hight. But I think I'm over thinking it.

As things stand, the plan is I'll have this bike sitting in my parking lot in less than 25 days. I may need to sell a few things that I'd rather not sell in order to make that happen, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Jofaba 05-01-2010 08:00 PM

Okay, so for anyone who cares, here's what my experience with Suzuki has been thus far:

I call the main number. It says push whatever for motorcycles. I push it. It gives a telephone number to call, it repeats it twice, it does not say the same number twice. The middle three numbers go from like 868 to 686 in it's repeat.

I figure I was wrong, I call the second number. They say they get calls for Suzuki all the time. Not them. I call the first number. It doesn't exist. I recall the main number, and they say they know about the number problem. I ask what the right number is, they say there isn't one. They give me a number and I call it. No salesmen, just a lone mechanic. He says call frank and gives me yet another number. I call it. Ron answers. Ron talks to me like he's aggrivated that he has to even answer the phone. He ultimately says he can get me to sit on the bike for $500 non-refundable. I call him back and he says he can transfer that deposit to another bike if I don't like the TU250.

Local Suzuki doesn't even have the cruiser I'd be settling on so **** Suzuki.

I sat on the Yamaha Cruiser and it fit like a glove. And turns out someone is selling one locally, half the price, 2006 model, under 900 miles, and they're 2.5 miles from my parents. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow and may own it next week.

seruzawa 05-01-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofaba (Post 240727)
Okay, so for anyone who cares, here's what my experience with Suzuki has been thus far:

I call the main number. It says push whatever for motorcycles. I push it. It gives a telephone number to call, it repeats it twice, it does not say the same number twice. The middle three numbers go from like 868 to 686 in it's repeat.

I figure I was wrong, I call the second number. They say they get calls for Suzuki all the time. Not them. I call the first number. It doesn't exist. I recall the main number, and they say they know about the number problem. I ask what the right number is, they say there isn't one. They give me a number and I call it. No salesmen, just a lone mechanic. He says call frank and gives me yet another number. I call it. Ron answers. Ron talks to me like he's aggrivated that he has to even answer the phone. He ultimately says he can get me to sit on the bike for $500 non-refundable. I call him back and he says he can transfer that deposit to another bike if I don't like the TU250.

Local Suzuki doesn't even have the cruiser I'd be settling on so **** Suzuki.

I sat on the Yamaha Cruiser and it fit like a glove. And turns out someone is selling one locally, half the price, 2006 model, under 900 miles, and they're 2.5 miles from my parents. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow and may own it next week.

Wait. They want to charge you $500 to sit on a bike?

Jofaba 05-02-2010 07:15 AM

They'd have to order it so it's really more of a "non-refundable deposit". So It'd be a gamble. If it fit, great, if not, I'm out $500 or have to buy some other Suzuki. And let's say they didn't have the cruiser 250 in stock. There's no other Suzuki I'm interested in. And if I have to choose a cruiser, the Suzuki isn't my first pick.