Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   New Rider? Read this thread FIRST! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/7428-new-rider-read-thread-first.html)

Johny93 08-17-2008 12:04 PM

Wich is the best?

Hi, 1st post on this forum. I want to buy a SuperSports Bike soon, but I don't really understand much about motorcycles :confused: , so can someone please help me choosing one to buy?
I'll use this bike for riding in the city, near the beach, highway, but not for racing. I want it to be beautiful, but also fast and easy maintenance (low gas consumption)... :-D

Wich is the best?
2008 Honda CBR 1000R
2009 Yamaha R1
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10
Others...

Thanks ;-),
Johny93

BrowningBAR 08-17-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny93 (Post 191492)
Hi, 1st post on this forum. I want to buy a SuperSports Bike soon, but I don't really understand much about motorcycles :confused: , so can someone please help me choosing one to buy?
I'll use this bike for riding in the city, near the beach, highway, but not for racing. I want it to be beautiful, but also fast and easy maintenance (low gas consumption)... :-D

Wich is the best?
2008 Honda CBR 1000R
2009 Yamaha R1
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Others...

Thanks ;-),
Johny93

This is obviously your first bike. None of the above are a good choice.

Look around on the forum and you will see a first time riders thread. Read through that.

Start here:
http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7428

BrowningBAR 08-17-2008 12:48 PM

Oh, and get ready for some good, old fashion, smart ass answers from us forum members as we get a ton of new riders asking why we don't think it's a good idea to start off on a 160hp liter bike.

Take the Safety course.
Buy gear.
Buy a cheap, lower hp bike.
Live to buy a second bike.

It is that simple.

sachiwilson 08-17-2008 01:02 PM

I have again moved the thread into the "first bike" thread. Johny, read this thread, every post, and then tell us what you might think would suit you.

The_AirHawk 08-17-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny93 (Post 191492)

Wich is the best?
2008 Honda CBR 1000R
2009 Yamaha R1
2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Others...

Thanks ;-),
Johny93

It doesn't matter. Pick the one you think you'll look best on in the picture they display on top of your Casket at your Funeral.

Johny93 08-17-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 191496)
Oh, and get ready for some good, old fashion, smart ass answers from us forum members as we get a ton of new riders asking why we don't think it's a good idea to start off on a 160hp liter bike.

Take the Safety course.
Buy gear.
Buy a cheap, lower hp bike.
Live to buy a second bike.

It is that simple.

Oh, I see. I already know the basics on how to ride a motorcycle. I usually drive my uncle's bike in his backyard. It is a old yamaha. But I'm turning 16 next year and I want to get a bike for me (after I get my driver license of course).
Anyway I think I will take the old Yamaha for a ride on the road so I can get ready for a supersports (will that be enough?). I just hope the police doesn't show up. :D
I still want to know what bike should I buy...

sachiwilson 08-17-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny93 (Post 191502)
I still want to know what bike should I buy...

Read the thread. There are plenty of suggestions, depending on age, weight, type of riding, etc.

The_AirHawk 08-17-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny93 (Post 191502)
Oh, I see. I already know the basics on how to ride a motorcycle. I usually drive my uncle's bike in his backyard. It is a old yamaha. But I'm turning 16 next year and I want to get a bike for me

Oh, I see. Well then, that's different. Have you ever considered opening a Riding Academy with all your vast experience?

Get your Ass to an MSF Beginning Rider Course. Don't F'n argue, just F'n do it.

What you think you know about riding could fill a colander to overflowing. What you actually know is an entirely different kitchen-utensil. The one with the handle you hold just so, but when you hold it wrong it slices-off three fingers while you're attempting to peel a rutabega...........

If this pysses you off - that's tough. Be pyssed in one hand, shyte in the other and see which one fills-up faster.

I'm sick and tired of having to deal with the aftermath of some jackass that thinks a Gixxer-Thou-YO! is the bike for them, 'cuz "I'll just outgrow that Gixxer-Sixxer-YO! in six months anyway". And neither was an appropriate bike for the deceased's/maimed's skilzerz, yo.

Johny93 08-17-2008 02:04 PM

:o :D

Ok dude. I live in Portugal. I think I will go to Estoril track in a track day and see if they can teach how to drive a superbike. Will that be enough? Can I buy my bike after that?
I'm starting to get a little confused.
I didn't thought that it was so hard to ride a motorcycle.

Johny93 08-17-2008 02:47 PM

So, I read the whole thread...
How about getting a used 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R and drive it around the block, getting used to it. It is a cheap bike and at least it looks like a Superbike. ;-)

What do you say The_AirHawk??? Is this the way to go?