Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 09-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I thought Miata was spanish for "coffin".
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 AM   #12
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default It's True

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Get the bike _and_ the convertible. I picked up a used RX-7 convertible for cheap and its a gas. Plus, it's not gay like a Miata.

+1 on the KLR and other DP bikes. Experience the full range of motorcycling. Dirt is fun, too, ya know.

I just spent 4 days in WV riding old strip mining areas. Amazing!
Everytime I got in my Miatas I was overcome by Satan and became a gay homosexual. I had a flowered scarf hidden under the seat where my wife couldn't find it, and I'd flirt with truck drivers hoping they'd crush my tiny car under their 18 wheels and turn it into a coffin. Since then I've found Jesus and the Republican party and purchased a Suburban. I'm now completely straight again and support the war in Iraq.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #13
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Miatas are girlie cars, as are CRV's and anything Lexus

As far as the bike goes, get a street bike. I don't know what sport touring means to you, but all things considered (price, insurance, capability, fuel economy) a Suzuki Katana 750 is what I'd recommend. Just take it easy on the throttle for the first month, and ride it around the neighborhood before taking it into real traffic.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #14
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Everytime I got in my Miatas I was overcome by Satan and became a gay homosexual. I had a flowered scarf hidden under the seat where my wife couldn't find it, and I'd flirt with truck drivers hoping they'd crush my tiny car under their 18 wheels and turn it into a coffin. Since then I've found Jesus and the Republican party and purchased a Suburban. I'm now completely straight again and support the war in Iraq.

What a heart warming story that is, and it just goes to show how True Americans like Mr. Rumsfeld and Mr. Macnamara before him love America so much that they would sacrifice your life and the lives of many others like you in the cause of Freedom and Profits.

As do all Real Americans I'm sure they drive very large automobiles made here in the USA, not some filthy little red "Miata" from those heathen dens of buggery and debauchery in the Far East with unpronouncable names and smelly cooking

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #15
Jager71
Registered Member

Default Thanks for all the suggestions.

Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. I was also thinking about a used Suzuki GS500 or Kawasaki Ninja 500. I can get both used for around $2-3k. Any opinions regarding either one?
Jager71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager71 View Post
Thanks to everyone for all of the suggestions. I was also thinking about a used Suzuki GS500 or Kawasaki Ninja 500. I can get both used for around $2-3k. Any opinions regarding either one?
The Ninja has a little more power, maybe a little broader aftermarket (more racers). Depending on year, the GS has a little more style, a couple-fewer things to break down (air cooling).

Both would do you well, and won't be "easily outgrown".
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:04 AM   #17
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Have you ever seen the South Park episode where Butters is bi-curious and is sent to a religious reprogramming camp?
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Default They show their patriotism....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
What a heart warming story that is, and it just goes to show how True Americans like Mr. Rumsfeld and Mr. Macnamara before him love America so much that they would sacrifice your life and the lives of many others like you in the cause of Freedom and Profits.

As do all Real Americans I'm sure they drive very large automobiles made here in the USA, not some filthy little red "Miata" from those heathen dens of buggery and debauchery in the Far East with unpronouncable names and smelly cooking
.... by hiring only legal immigrants for chauffeurs.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #19
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager71 View Post
Either bike is fine, but with your height make sure they fit (hence my KLR suggestion). @ 6'2 they shouldnt be too bad, but for my 6'6 they are a little tight.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote