Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 11-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

My Shoei Multitec is pretty quiet with the shield down. A lot of it depends on the bike as well, some windshields and seating positions are quieter than others. I have a steady supply of EAR plugs at work so I keep a set or two in my pocket and use them as needed.

Definately makes a difference on the freeway or on longer rides I usually ride with the shield cracked open a little as I like lots of air when I ride, latent claustrophobia and all.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #12
jeff10236
Registered Member

I have not noticed a big difference from brand to brand, but I only own a few helmets. Someone mentioned Webbikeworld, definitely a good site to check detailed reviews and ratings (including on quietness).

A few people mentioned earplugs. I used to wear them religiously with my half-helmet (I have enough hearing damage from loud concerts as a teen and young adult and from target shooting). I never found them comfortable in a full-face or 3/4 helmet but I usually wore them with those helmets anyway. And then I found out that most earplugs are illegal while driving or while riding a motorcycle in MD (only custom made plugs that don't block out too much road noise are legal). So, be sure to check state and local laws where you live and where you plan to travel before buying earplugs.

Edit: Opps, I just noticed that the last post on this thread was 3 months ago, sorry for resurrecting an old thread (it was the second or third down so I didn't notice the date, I guess this subforum doesn't see much use during the winter).

Last edited by jeff10236 : 02-23-2013 at 06:33 AM.
jeff10236 is offline   Reply With Quote