Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2011, 07:06 AM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65inFLORIDA View Post
Those haters popping off comments around here won't be welcomed long as they're far outnumbered for one. It's immature to do so.
No sweat. I'd sooner do another tour in Nam than hang around at a motorcycle costume party for over the hill wannabees.

Dressing up like Marlon Brando in "The Wild One" when you are 55 years old is a sign of maturity?
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #52
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member
 
Morbo the Destroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
I just went through the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum in Maggie Valley, NC and there were more Knuckleheads than you could shake a stick at. If you're into old HDs that is the place to go.
One of the old "Fonda-Nicholson-Dern" drive-in movies I watched recently had a scene where some redneck used a front loader to dump all the "choppers" into a dumpster. I saw at least 3 Knucks, a few Panheads, and 6-8 BSA/Triumphs getting shoveled up and dumped.

Yesterday's Junk = Today's Antique
__________________
Fun Facts to Know and Tell!

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #53
V2Rider
Premium Member

 
V2Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Alabama
Posts: 510
Default

Here is one of the pictures I took at Wheels Through Time. Just a few of the Knuckles that are there. The one on the top is a single cylinder Knuckle. One of their main claims is that all their bikes run. While I was there they started up an inline four and rode it through the place.

Don't know whats up with the photo. One minute it's there and the next it's gone. Added a link in case it doesn't work.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2wmje6v.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1252a.jpg (176.1 KB, 2 views)
__________________
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

Last edited by V2Rider : 07-18-2011 at 08:35 AM.
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #54
V2Rider
Premium Member

 
V2Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Alabama
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
One of the old "Fonda-Nicholson-Dern" drive-in movies I watched recently had a scene where some redneck used a front loader to dump all the "choppers" into a dumpster. I saw at least 3 Knucks, a few Panheads, and 6-8 BSA/Triumphs getting shoveled up and dumped.

Yesterday's Junk = Today's Antique
That may be true but I still cringe a little when I see old bikes like that trashed.
__________________
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #55
V2Rider
Premium Member

 
V2Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Alabama
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
But don't judge me like one of those outlaw assholes! Stop doing that im not one of them! Don't judge me how i look and act on a daily basis outside of my workaday job! I'm just an average joe! Stop treating me like an outlaw because its how i look!
Damn man, did a Harley rider kill your puppy when you were a kid or something?
__________________
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Life is not fair and you ARE judged by how you look. It took a few years for me to figure it out, but if you appear to be conforming you can get away with a lot more subversive shyt than if you are looking like a rebel.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #57
V2Rider
Premium Member

 
V2Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Alabama
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Life is not fair and you ARE judged by how you look. It took a few years for me to figure it out, but if you appear to be conforming you can get away with a lot more subversive shyt than if you are looking like a rebel.
No kidding but the question should be do you really give a shyt what others think. I sure as hell don't. Hell, if I did I would have given up bikes years ago. They're dangerous don't ya know.
__________________
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
No kidding but the question should be do you really give a shyt what others think. I sure as hell don't. Hell, if I did I would have given up bikes years ago. They're dangerous don't ya know.
Well, I care a bit what the cops think when I'm riding.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #59
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member
 
Morbo the Destroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, I care a bit what the cops think when I'm riding.
Ding ding ding!

Cops here have turned into belligerent, steroid-raged ASSHOLES! God help you if you do something they don't like...or worse still that somehow "defies" them. They seem to perceive the general population as the enemy rather than people they're here to protect.

I don't blame the young kids for running from them on their bikes.
__________________
Fun Facts to Know and Tell!

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #60
V2Rider
Premium Member

 
V2Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Alabama
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, I care a bit what the cops think when I'm riding.
I'm heavily inked and a jeans and t shirt kind of guy and only once in 35 years when stopped by a cop did I get any kind of attitude. Once he saw I was military that completely changed and he let me off with a warning rather than what would have been a huge speeding fine. I think it's now to the point that unless you're wearing a 1% patch they pretty much leave you alone. I can't count the number of clubs that I have run into over the years that are made up of members of law enforcement.

I get your point though.
__________________
'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan
V2Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off