Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 07-13-2011, 11:03 PM   #41
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I have a Cee Bailey on my GT, stock height but a little diferent shape. Works pretty good. At 6 foot I look over it even in the forward position, when I bought the bike it had some flippin barn door slab of plastic on it, I don't know the manufacturer but it was pretty bad...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #42
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I had a Memphis Shades Pop Top on my cruiser. Constant buffeting, so I removed it. I haven't found a decent shield yet; hesitant to put money on one only to find out it does the same thing.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #43
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
Every subset of motorcycling has it's knuckleheads.
It's amusing that as time goes on there are fewer Harley Knuckleheads but seemingly there are more Harley knuckleheads.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #44
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
It's amusing that as time goes on there are fewer Harley Knuckleheads but seemingly there are more Harley knuckleheads.
Hey that was funny....
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #45
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Hey that was funny....

Don't encourage him........

Old 07-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #46
V2Rider
Premium Member

Quote:
I just went through the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum in Maggie Valley, NC and there were more Knuckleheads than you could shake a stick at. If you're into old HDs that is the place to go.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2Rider View Post
I just went through the Wheels Through Time Motorcycle Museum in Maggie Valley, NC and there were more Knuckleheads than you could shake a stick at. If you're into old HDs that is the place to go.
I'll be traveling the east next year. Maybe I'll check it out.

The worst disaster that happened to Knucks (and especially Pans) was the chopper craze of the 70s. Thousands of those bikes were mutilated with goose necks and other atrocities.

Another atrocity of the 70s was sarnali. But that's a different (and much more sordid) subject.

Last edited by seruzawa : 07-16-2011 at 11:42 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #48
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
I'll be traveling the east next year. Maybe I'll check it out.

The worst disaster that happened to Knucks (and especially Pans) was the chopper craze of the 70s. Thousands of those bikes were mutilated with goose necks and other atrocities.

Another atrocity of the 70s was sarnali. But that's a different (and much more sordid) subject.

HA! I spent the 70's serving my country, defending the frontiers of freedom and keeping the world safe for democracy!

besides I had a shovelhead....

Old 07-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #49
V65inFLORIDA
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Angus View Post
This forum is just chock-full of Harley haters too, as evident by most of the respondiong posts, but take the advice of the few wise ... Get whatever bike you want. If your friends can't get over there own petty opinions, then maybe its time to find a better group of friends.
I ride Honda, and I join group rides that are mostly consisting of Harleys. We all get along fine down here in Florida. Bike week in Daytona is just 90 miles away for me. Those haters popping off comments around here won't be welcomed long as they're far outnumbered for one. It's immature to do so. We're all on motorcycles, be happy for that. Personally I can't see buying a Harley because it's too damn expensive for what I get. It's personal choice to stick under $4000 for a bike and have at least 100 hp. Doesn't mean I'd put down anything else out there, even the nerdy guy in Sears polyester slacks riding to work on a BMW, it's all good.
V65inFLORIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:12 AM   #50
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65inFLORIDA View Post
I ride Honda, and I join group rides that are mostly consisting of Harleys. We all get along fine down here in Florida. Bike week in Daytona is just 90 miles away for me. Those haters popping off comments around here won't be welcomed long as they're far outnumbered for one. It's immature to do so. We're all on motorcycles, be happy for that. Personally I can't see buying a Harley because it's too damn expensive for what I get. It's personal choice to stick under $4000 for a bike and have at least 100 hp. Doesn't mean I'd put down anything else out there, even the nerdy guy in Sears polyester slacks riding to work on a BMW, it's all good.
Funny that you call people that insult harelys immature... most of the problems that the people around here have with HDs is the attitude of the riders.

"Imma big tough biker! I push papers in my coke bottle glasses monday - friday but look at me now! I have a leather do rag, a vest with patches on it and torn up blue jeans. I'm even awesome enough to ride around with my helmet strapped to my back seat! I look like one of them awesome hells angels!

But don't judge me like one of those outlaw assholes! Stop doing that im not one of them! Don't judge me how i look and act on a daily basis outside of my workaday job! I'm just an average joe! Stop treating me like an outlaw because its how i look!

While were at it HARELY DAVIDSON ARE THE ONLY REAL BIKES! What you have a rice burner? HA thats not as good as my HD XYZ! Why? I don't really know wh... Err.... I mean its MADE IN AMERICA WOOO! Ignore that 'Made in china' stamp under the turn signal switch, oh and all these guys i ride with say HDs are better! SO THERE!

And it has nothing to do with my tiny manhood and boring workaday job that i have to put up this front and be a sheep to fashion. I like not being myself and enjoying my preferences in life to fit in with a group of people who also push papers and want to look bad ass and not be judged as what we look like.

Now go away so I can rev my bike about 30 times because it sounds so cool with my chopped off pipes and my poorly adjusted carbs!"
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote