Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Angus View Post
You're confusing "Harley Guys" with "Outlaw Bikers" ... Those guys in the video were a bunch of middle-aged, baby boomers riding touring bikes. If anyone is responsible for spreading propaganda it's the fearful, ignorant masses that've never spent any time around the real Harley demographic.

As for those fear mongering idiots video taping, they wouldn't have stopped to help if it was a old black couple on the side of the road. 'Cause you know how black people like to fight ... "They gonna kick our a$$es. Just drive 'round the walker!!"
I'm not confusing anything. The vast majority of HD guys play the outlaw image. I see loads of them every day. When it backfires on them well it's just too bad. Whether those RV people would have stopped for an old black couple is an unsupportable assumption. Note that they apparently wanted to stop but were afraid of the bikers. Who created that attitude? The tat wearing dentists with their do rags.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
The vast majority of HD guys play the outlaw image. I see loads of them every day.
I've been riding for close to 50 years now.......and never felt the need to "play any part" when I'm riding. I am who I am, on the bike or off.

Do I stop for other riders who appear to be in trouble; damn right I do.
Or to be more accurate, I almost stop.

I don't stop for anybody who looks like an "outlaw".
They might really BE one.
And if they are so tough and rough, they don't need my help anyway.

If you're gonna play a part, you have to be willing to take what goes with it.
__________________
'11 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 C
Easy Rider 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #33
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
I've been riding for close to 50 years now.......and never felt the need to "play any part" when I'm riding. I am who I am, on the bike or off.

Do I stop for other riders who appear to be in trouble; damn right I do.
Or to be more accurate, I almost stop.

I don't stop for anybody who looks like an "outlaw".
They might really BE one.
And if they are so tough and rough, they don't need my help anyway.

If you're gonna play a part, you have to be willing to take what goes with it.
Perhaps YOU don't - but I know of many Managers and Accountants that DO "play the part of the Badass Biker". One of them is head of our World H.R. Dept.

I stop for other Bikers whether I'm in a cage or on two wheels. Doesn't matter if they're an Outlaw or not (even when it says so on his Colors - even let him use my phone). If you're helping them, Outlaw Bikers aren't going to eat you.

You also never know when you might need a favour to have someone "stomped" (or to keep your own ass from being so!).....
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #34
Sir_Angus
Registered Member
 
Sir_Angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm not confusing anything. The vast majority of HD guys play the outlaw image. I see loads of them every day. When it backfires on them well it's just too bad ... Who created that attitude? The tat wearing dentists with their do rags.
Talk about an "unsupportable assumption" ... Using the way someone dresses as justification for your prejudice is childish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Whether those RV people would have stopped for an old black couple is an unsupportable assumption. Note that they apparently wanted to stop but were afraid of the bikers.
My example was satire. The video was self-evident. The videographers initially did nothing wrong; the first two bikers pulled a bonehead maneuver and paid the price for their arrogance. Their bike riding friends paid no attention to the RV. They were more concerned with their baddy that drove off a cliff, and rightly so, but you can clearly hear the RV passengers demanding to leave the scene of an accident. Illegal no matter what state you're in.

But you better believe they were pissed when that RV drove off rather than helping.
__________________
"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan." - from the film Cube
Sir_Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #35
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Angus View Post
Talk about an "unsupportable assumption" ... Using the way someone dresses as justification for your prejudice is childish.
Keep it up. Maybe someday you'll find an effective excuse for the childish "badass" leather wonks on their rattletraps.

Harley losers. Spoiled punks with their American flags on the back. Not one in a dozen ever sacrificed a single thing for their country. No, I call them "Dollar Patriots". Bought their patriotism with a home equity line. If they can't show DD214s then they can STFU.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #36
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Keep it up. Maybe someday you'll find an effective excuse for the childish "badass" leather wonks on their rattletraps.

Harley losers. Spoiled punks with their American flags on the back. Not one in a dozen ever sacrificed a single thing for their country. No, I call them "Dollar Patriots". Bought their patriotism with a home equity line. If they can't show DD214s then they can STFU.
Gad Dam* brew, better watch it or they might beat you up too, you know they're all ex SEAL's right?????
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #37
Sir_Angus
Registered Member
 
Sir_Angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Keep it up. Maybe someday you'll find an effective excuse for the childish "badass" leather wonks on their rattletraps.

Harley losers. Spoiled punks with their American flags on the back. Not one in a dozen ever sacrificed a single thing for their country. No, I call them "Dollar Patriots". Bought their patriotism with a home equity line. If they can't show DD214s then they can STFU.
You ever hear the axiom, "Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool; than speak and remove all doubt."

So again you prove your prejudice and blatant stupidity. I've lost all respect for you as a valued contributor to these forums. You make outlandish statements calling other riders moralities and patriotism into question. Who are you to make such statements? I'll tell you who ... You're no one of consquence, and not worthy enough to enforce your petty sweeping judgements or require others to validate themselves to you. If you had any actual knowledge about "most" or "typical" Harley owners, you'd know that far more of them are Veterans than any other motorcyle owning group in the world. But why let facts muddy your self-deluding righteous arguement.

By your own standards, I've got more right to ride whatever I want than you! I've got 2 honorable DD214s (1 from USA & 1 from USAF), fought in 3 wars, buried dozens of my friends, and still serve the military as a civil service employee. No one will ever call my patriotism into question! Certainly not some whollier-than-thou punk that hates Harley riders ... Oh and I ride a HD FXSTC, wear leather when appropriate, have multiple tattoos, wear a bandana on long rides, and fly the American flag proudly every day!

Before you try to justify you total ignorance publicly again you might want to call a doctor. You're overdue for a cranial-rectum removal procedure. Then, maybe, you'll stop spewing all this moronic sh!t from you mouth!
__________________
"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan." - from the film Cube
Sir_Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #38
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

With respect, You're barking up the wrong tree, Seru spent his time in the sh*t and put plenty of miles on HD's as well as living the life. He's not some piker that bought his way in.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #39
Sir_Angus
Registered Member
 
Sir_Angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
With respect, You're barking up the wrong tree, Seru spent his time in the sh*t and put plenty of miles on HD's as well as living the life. He's not some piker that bought his way in.
Then Seru is a hypocrit not an authority.
__________________
"There is no conspiracy. Nobody is in charge. It's a headless blunder operating under the illusion of a master plan." - from the film Cube
Sir_Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #40
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member
 
trenttheuncatchable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 901
Default

Hypocrite has an 'e' at the end. Chill, dude.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off