Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #11
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Those look like bike shorts without the best part, the chamois. My Pearl Izumi's cost almost twice the price of the above, but I ride bicycles too. So they get use.
The shorts I got there look pretty much the same as the ones I see in the bike shops. The material might be a bit thicker.

The IBA guys I've spoken to get entire suits; full-length pants, long-sleeve T-shirts. They claim they're cooler with that outfit even in hot Summer weather. My experience with the shorts last March was that they do help keep the cramping down, but my groinial area (GA) was pretty constricted. Good thing I'm not working on having a family.

The single best, under $100 solution I've found for LD riding is...

Wait for it....

A beaded seat thingy. I tried one from WalMart first, and it was amazingly effective. Then I got one made with ceramic beads (the wood ones were trashing the seat) from Beadrider.com. My GA went from feeling like it was in a hot, damp, canvas Army pup-tent on a summer night to a refreshing beachside breeze. Really worth every penny of $80.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #12
pushrod
Founding Member

sincere101,

Regarding the gel seat. Make sure you take along a white/light colored towel. You will want to cover the seat if you park the bike in the sun.

The gel gets hot, and stays hot for a while.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #13
sincere101
Registered Member

Wow, thanks everyone, I will be taking all the advice into consideration. As for my lack of experience, we were all new riders at some point. I will be traveling with a group of mature experienced riders, its not a race and they always look out for me, accomadate my level and give me advice as to what to do better or less of. Im learnin. In the group we all have sport bikes and this is what they do..on the regular. I have the confidence that I can do this and will have the time of my life, safely and we will all make it back safe n sound for me to come tell you all about it
sincere101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #14
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
The gel gets hot, and stays hot for a while.
I have found that the extra heat actually feels GOOD.......if your butt is sore from riding too long.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #15
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #16
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
I have found that the extra heat actually feels GOOD.......if your butt is sore from riding too long.
Yeah, but then your buttcrack gets all sweaty. That's why I go with the High-Airflow ventilation of a BeadRider.com Ultra!

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote