Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #51
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijuro View Post
65pounds less make such a big difference?
Ummm- yes! For an inexperienced rider 65 pounds of shifting weight or the ability to brake faster is significant.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2011, 07:59 AM   #52
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
i already checked for insurances

it was naive and stupid of me to NOT know that protective gear are overclothes,
Well at least you are listening, a little bit.

Listen a little harder.......and maybe you will realize that all of your plans are rather "naive and stupid" for a person in your situation.

Have you checked into a loan to buy this new sport bike that you will then have to keep "throttled" for 2 years ?? I'm suspecting that you aren't going to qualify for that kind of loan........and then you will have to go to "plan B" anyway.

And you seem to be completely ingnoring all of the comments we have made about the outrageous cost of fixing the bike up when you drop it.
(Yes, I used "when" on purpose and not "if".)

P.S. You need to learn to "throttle" your temper a bit too. Some of your recent posts show just how immature you really ARE. If I was running this show, those tirades would have gotten you banned.

Last edited by Easy Rider 2 : 04-27-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Easy Rider 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:02 AM   #53
Seijuro
Registered Member

of course i'll be dropping it ! same would happen with a 250r tho
thats why im not gonna buy a new one, at least not for a first bike Oo
Seijuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #54
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Think of the cost of repair. price the panels, clip-ons, pegs and nose of the bike. Insurance is wonderful, but you should think of the bike as a cash item that can only be repaired if paid in cash, too. Why? Because it helps bring to the forefront the actual cost of fixing things. Also, if insurance works the same way their as it does in the states then if you ever have a claim it will effect every other thing you have insured in the future. So, not just the bike if effected but every other insurable item you have.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 AM   #55
Seijuro
Registered Member

yea, but..

obviously i already checked for prices on used zx-10r's and 250r's..
now heres the thing, to get a 06-08model of a zx10r in good shape.. you'd have to pay about 5-6k euros

for a 250r (completely new i'd have to pay about 5,2k euros)
now obviously.. first bike, why not just a used 250 r?
they're about the same price, you'd guess they'll cost about 2k or something like that, but its like 4k euros+ (i dont really get why, but well.. just because its a beginner bike and everyone needs one at one point or what .. -_-)

and if you imagine me not completely destroying my bike within the 2 years, i could still use the zx-10r after those 2 years (dethrottling) while with a 250r i'd immediately buy a new one

how much higher exactly are the repair costs for a zx-10r?

and even if the repair costs are a little higher, just how many times do you actually think i'll drop it?
you make it sound like you expect me to fall 50 times so it would actually be cheaper to get a 250r+a new bike than just 1 zx-10r .__.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #56
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
So, when are you planning to buy this bike? Seriously, I'd like to know.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #57
Seijuro
Registered Member

in about 3-4 months probably, just wanted to get some information etc beforehand obviously
Old 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #58
acecycleins
Founding Member

Dude- you're killing me here. If a used ZX is $5.5k euro and the 08 250r is roughly $2.8k or less then there is a significant price difference between what you state for a used vs new bike when I am comparing used vs used. Any there is absolutely a difference in the cost of parts being new oem vs used oem or aftermarket parts, as well.
Doesn't matter how many times you drop it- 1 or 20 it will still cost you if you make a claim or cost you if you don't. Look at the big picture here. Not just the cost up front. Tires, oil changes, tune ups, and such all add up. Look at the scheduled maintenance intervals and call the dealer service manager and ask for the cost of such services. Price the tires too. It's significant from one bike to the other.
You purchase a bike based on emotion and not calculate the cost of the bike overall and you will be selling your bike before you get enough experience to not be a squid anymore. Think big picture or it could cost you more than you'd care to spend.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #59
A Star Ride
Registered Member

[quote=acecycleins;259070] squidiotic QUOTE]

LOL @ that, I'll use it often this spring as they come out of the woods, bars, frat houses & wherever else they seep from.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #60
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
squidiotic.

LOL @ that, I'll use it often this spring as they come out of the woods, bars, frat houses & wherever else they seep from.