Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 04-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
A Star Ride
Registered Member

No, that is all I had to offer, sorry my old age (I'm 3, & 17 years riding experience is useless to you, I could tell you about hospital visits & a friend of mine's 6 months in ICU, while wearing a helmet went down at no fault of his own except being naive & lack of experience. I see no resemblance at all to your attiture & ignorance among myself & my riding friends from when I was your age. I can't say I ever heard a story of a car pulling our in front of someone they did not see, never heard of someone complain how hot & uncool protective gear is, this is all new to me. Maybe my the time they scrape you off the grill of a Freightliner I'll be up to speed.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #12
Seijuro
Registered Member

yea..
so you'd go on a date, in the cinema, to a party, to school or anywhere else in full protective gear.. cuz thats so fun and ur so goodlooking in it
im sure it doesnt make you look like a douchebag going to a restaurant in full leather-biker clothes : )
Seijuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #13
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijuro View Post
yea..
so you'd go on a date, in the cinema, to a party, to school or anywhere else in full protective gear.. cuz thats so fun and ur so goodlooking in it
im sure it doesnt make you look like a douchebag going to a restaurant in full leather-biker clothes : )
They come off the same way they go on. They can be secured to the bike, or packed & carried.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #14
Seijuro
Registered Member

well, we'll just see what happens
i'll definitely buy helmet+gloves the moment i'll have my first bike, but probably protective gear for body, legs etc as well..
mayble i'll be using full protective gear like 80% of the time, who knows.. time will tell

the only thing i know for certain is that i definitely want a sportsbike and while that may sound foolish and just "green", i mean cmon.. im sure you can understand it : )
and i'll throttle it anyway to 25kW so i dont see anything bad happening to me !
i mean, it shouldnt make too much of a difference if i throttle a sportsbike down to 25kW or a normal recommended first bike, as long as i can handle it
and with kW etc being the same, i dont see any problem, takes time to get used to riding a sportsbike, but thats the same with any bike out there?

and at least i'll already have experience with sportsbikes after those 2 years , of course a 25 kW, but that should help me out quite a bit anyway when dethrottling it then

Last edited by Seijuro : 04-24-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 PM   #15
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijuro View Post
but i guess you dont know the answer, otherwise u would stop throwing ur "old-man-advice" at me...
Dumb ass. Totally.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up.
The way that a species progresses IS......that the young learn from the mistakes of the previous generations. Those who don't learn those lessons disappear from the herd.
Your feeble brain will be removed from the gene pool soon enough.

Just like a helmet, the essential protective gear is worn OVER whatever other clothes you might have on........but you don't want to hear that.

As for your "real" question, pick a bike and ask a dealer......then go away and stop bothering us......because we obviously have nothing to offer that will help you in any way.

Last edited by Easy Rider 2 : 04-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Easy Rider 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

Seijuro- thanks for playing. your door prizes will be awaiting you in the emergency room of the closest hospital.

In American we have a word for you- SQUID

Look up the term as it refers to motorcyclist. I believe you will be pictured next to it.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #17
Seijuro
Registered Member

oh noes,
that hurt my feelings, u faggots xD
Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Yeah, we're all gay, even with aids I'd give myself a longer life expectancy then you have. We all have been riding since your mom swallowed the common sence part... maybe she shouldnt've been so enthusiastic.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #19
cloud9
Registered Member

Your chewing off way more than you can swallow both on this board and on the bike you want to buy. If you even make it past getting your bike insured and registered (Which at your age will cost upwards of $2000
) then you still have to wrestle not dropping your bike.

If by sport bike you mean a ninja 250R than by all means buy it and there won't even be a need to "dethrottle" it.

Insane are called those who deal with death

Masters are called those who seal the deal

Legends are called anyone of those who die in their quest.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #20
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
ZX-10.

The Green one.

You should probably get a full Ti Akro, a K&N, and a PCIII to remap it, too. I hear it's a bit down on power without those things.

**** the Helmet.
That's what I was thinking, the new ZX-10 if the BMW S1000RR is too expensive. Honda and Suzuki really don't have any really hot bikes right now; the CBR and Gixxer designs are what, almost 2 years old now?

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote