Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 04-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #21
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Get your license first. It's hard to wait, but it's better if you do. You'll find a good deal later, too.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #22
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synner View Post
yep i understand now! umm i just found a yellow 03 ninja 10k miles for 1700.. it would be dumb to buy it before i get my license im guessing though?
ONLY if you have the discipline to let it sit.... that includes letting people "borrow" it. Take the opportunity to dump the schools bike, not your own.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #23
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
is it a good deal?
Seriously DUDE ????

If you have to ask after reading the description, you should make SURE you have another experienced rider with you EVERY TIME you shop for a bike.

A first time rider should be looking for a bike that is bone stock and starts and runs good. THAT bike has serious issues; it likely has been wrecked (maybe more than once) and seriously screwed with to boot.

Another thing to avoid is any used bike where the owner says " It only needs......." because if he really knew what it needed......except maybe for tires.......he would have already fixed it.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #24
synner
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
Seriously DUDE ????

If you have to ask after reading the description, you should make SURE you have another experienced rider with you EVERY TIME you shop for a bike.

A first time rider should be looking for a bike that is bone stock and starts and runs good. THAT bike has serious issues; it likely has been wrecked (maybe more than once) and seriously screwed with to boot.

Another thing to avoid is any used bike where the owner says " It only needs......." because if he really knew what it needed......except maybe for tires.......he would have already fixed it.
based on all the prices ive been looking at it looked like a good price. But i thought it was a good deal. He never said there has to be something replaced. It says "priced to sell" and ive seen online that its possible to find ninjas between 1500-2000... thats why. the pricing seems great, which is why i was thinking it was too good to be true. Yea i realized that if someone says if you just need to replace the asa etc its most likely a bigger problem. But im also looking for someone in south florida who would give up some time after i get my license to help me get a bike. I have very few friends that owned bikes and they went with new... (Definitely dont want brand new!)
synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:32 AM   #25
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
based on all the prices ive been looking at it looked like a good price. But i thought it was a good deal. He never said there has to be something replaced. It says "priced to sell"
Well he sucked you right in.......just what he intended by wording his ad the way he did.

BUT just look at the pictures.
It looks like somebody took a sledge hammer to the gas tank......just for starters.
Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's a good deal. Often those kinds of deals end up costing more in the long run.

Just pay attention to ALL the details, not just price.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 AM   #26
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Is the Ninja you're talking about a 250R? Or something else?
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #27
synner
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Is the Ninja you're talking about a 250R? Or something else?
03 Ninja 250cc $1750obo

is it not allowed to post links? its a 250 yep. seemed like no problems in pictures
Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #28
synner
Registered Member

thanks for all the help!! All i need to do is get my license already!! almost done with classes so I'm very very excited!