Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 03-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #101
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Loosely-translated it's Latin for "Let the Buyer Beware".
True enough. I will keep an eye out. I would really like to have some sort of warranty as mentioned. Other than that I think it should make a good first bike.
Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #102
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredz View Post
Other than that I think it should make a good first bike.
Yea except...............that virtually everybody here is in agreement that a 600 race replica bike is NOT a good first bike..........it's a fine first bike.

You really haven't been listening, have you ??
Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #103
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
Yea except...............that virtually everybody here is in agreement that a 600 race replica bike is NOT a good first bike..........it's a fine first bike.

You really haven't been listening, have you ??
I don't think its quite a race replica such as an R6 or GSXR or ZX-6R

It's a serious motorcycle that deserves respect. It's also recommended for new riders by the idiots guide to motorcycling and it is a source I feel has been written and edited by people with a far greater understanding of riding a motorcycle than me.

I would like to express my appreciation towards you for your concern and my appreciation to everyone else who has been helping me thus far on this forum.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #104
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Darwin Holmstrom's 4th Edition? He's a great guy; heluva rider and an all-around sweetheart. He gave up his room when The Wife shattered her shoulder in a moto-crash when we were camping at a Rally lo, these many years-ago.

That said, the ZZR600 was a Race Bike for the street, back when Tupac was still alive.
Your correct, the 4th edition Darwin Holmstrom and Simon Green.

The exact quote from the book on the zzr600(2007 model specifically I believe) is:

"If the current ZX-6R is a little too focused on manic sports performance for you, then this should tickle your fancy. It's less racetrack, more street-oriented. The bike's really just a previous generation ZX-6 with a different name, but it's also a great choice for you Idiot's Guide readers and new riders."

I really did enjoy reading the book though. He did a great job on touching on everything from engines, to what to look for when buying a bike to motorcycle maintenance. I would really like to meet him, he sounds very passionate about motorcycling.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #105
afra
Registered Member

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for your advice.
afra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #106
Shredz
Registered Member

Went to see the bike again today. Looked great and more importantly sounded great after the bike had a few minutes to warm up. They are giving me a 30 day warranty as all used bikes are required to have by law I found out. I can also pay $600 for a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty if I wish. All in all I'm quite satisfied and will try to get my loan this week.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #107
SeanV
Registered Member

There's a recent rumor that says about decreasing gas prices in summer. While gasoline prices are around $4 per gallon now, a summer wind could portend lower costs, states High Country Radio. A 15 percent decrease in crude oil costs may not have affected fuel costs noticeably yet, but experts like Fred Rozell of the Oil Price Information Service predict that gas costs should start falling soon. Some believe the fall can be steady, once it begins. We all hope that crude oil prices will decrease because we are affected by economic crisis. I found this here: Experts predict gas prices will fall during summer.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 AM   #108
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

There was an oil-industry market expert on CNN last night. He said that higher gas prices directly impact consumer spending...at first.

F'rinstance, gas goes up to $4. Everybody freaks and cuts back on all spending. Then it goes back down to $3. The next time it goes up to $4, nobody reacts. Until it gets over another "watermark" price, like $4.50 or $5.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #109
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
There's a recent rumor
There's been a rumor floating around on here............
That it's not nice to post something like that out of the blue in a thread about an entirely different subject.
Especially not as your first post ever.

Oh, and welcome to the site.