Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #91
johnny2812
Registered Member

Default caravan parks

Camping facilities in Perthshire are a world in their own right, offering meandering scenery that is ideal for walking and cycling. There is endless beauty to be discovered around the remote shores of Scottish lochs and a vast assortment of Scottish glens that inspire and overwhelm one's sense of wonder. All this within reach of perfectly situated caravan parks!

caravan parks

Last edited by johnny2812 : 03-14-2011 at 02:25 PM.
johnny2812 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #92
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
The Kan-a-tuna may look like a bubble, but it's a dog reliable bike with the first gen sportbike motor in her. Will it handle well? Well enough for your skill level. The only mod I would do is switching to braided lines on the front. Not a huge investment at all. Other than that I would leave the bike completely stock.
Hi, I have done alot more searching and I'll b ready to purchase my bike over the next 2 weeks. The two I really have my eye on are the ZZR600 and the yamaha FZ6R.

My main question is if I purchase a motorcycle can I put my father as the primary or does he need to own the motorcycle? I have a quote saying that the insurance for both of us would be much less than for me alone. Just need to figure out the ownership.
Shredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #93
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
That is known as "Fraud", unless he is actually going to be the primary pilot.....
Good to know. Appreciated.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM   #94
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredz View Post
Hi, I have done alot more searching and I'll b ready to purchase my bike over the next 2 weeks. The two I really have my eye on are the ZZR600 and the yamaha FZ6R.

My main question is if I purchase a motorcycle can I put my father as the primary or does he need to own the motorcycle? I have a quote saying that the insurance for both of us would be much less than for me alone. Just need to figure out the ownership.
You should PM Ace with that question. He is our resident Insurance bubba.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #95
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
You should PM Ace with that question. He is our resident Insurance bubba.
Good idea thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #96
Shredz
Registered Member

So I found a loop hole. Any bike made 1995 or older gets classified as a standard.

Today I went and put down a 500$ deposit on a 1993 ZX6E/ZZR600. (2500$ is total price)

The bike is getting new brake pads, new sprockets and a new chain before I take ownership from the dealership.

I wont be able to ride it till may when im 21 but I can store it till then.

I can still get a refund on the deposit during for the next week so I was wondering if any of the more experienced riders think this is a good deal or I should get my deposit back and go for something else?

I'm planning on putting down 200$ to have frame sliders put on if I go with the bike.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #97
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredz View Post
So I found a loop hole. Any bike made 1995 or older gets classified as a standard.

Today I went and put down a 500$ deposit on a 1993 ZX6E/ZZR600. (2500$ is total price).

I can still get a refund on the deposit during for the next week so I was wondering if any of the more experienced riders think this is a good deal or I should get my deposit back and go for something else?

I'm planning on putting down 200$ to have frame sliders put on if I go with the bike.

The bike is almost as old as you are. Unless it was sitting a garage for 15 years, it's probably worn out.

How many miles are on it? Is it from a factory dealership or a small shop? Will they give you any warranty at all?

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #98
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
The bike is almost as old as you are. Unless it was sitting a garage for 15 years, it's probably worn out.

How many miles are on it? Is it from a factory dealership or a small shop? Will they give you any warranty at all?
30 000KM/ just under 19000miles. Roughly 1200miles a year. Not sure if thats alot per year.

It's a factory yamaha dealership.

Last edited by Shredz : 03-31-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #99
pushrod
Founding Member

You need to make some kind of 'warranty' part of the deal.

They should agree to cover any major mechanical or significant electrical failures for 30 days.

And I'd look it over really good for corrosion.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #100
Shredz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Hardly worn-out. The engine probably only has another 350,000km left in it......

But, the saying Caveat Emptor should be heeded, even from a "Dealer".

Will they provide you with any kind of warranty?

Sorry this is probably a dumb question but what is a caveat emptor?

I will call them and find out about the warranty.