Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 12-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #11
acecycleins
Founding Member

Moke learns something new every ride. Kickstands actually come standard on bikes. Turnsignals have a purpose. Headlights need to have bulbs replaced occasionally. Tires from your local bike shop have actual tread. Stuff like that.

BTW- Moke is one of the few that spends time at the track. No kick, slick tires, no lights and such.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #12
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Nah, just in time. Now I dont have to offer my free key'n service I offer everyone I know with a new ride. Once that first scratch is on it, you can relax and enjoy it.
So true!

A couple of years back, I ordered a custom made/painted bicycle. It arrived at my house (via UPS) in a typical bike box, but there was a football-sized hole in the box. I took the bike out and there on the fork was a scratch. My wife asked if I was going to send it back and submit a claim with UPS. I told her "Nope. It was bound to get scratched anyway." I was just glad it wasn't me who did it.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

We call it chrissened! Example my 93 CBR900RR, back in 1993,... yeah picked it up from the painters shop with a custom personally designed paint scheme and the straps that had soaked up rain through the years in the back of the old beater didnt hold up and decided to snap right after I had just sinched it down. "Pow" nice little mark on the fairing. Course now that had happened I knew the bike wouldnt hit the tarmac at the Four hour that was that weekend. Finished third over all!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Moke learns something new every ride. Kickstands actually come standard on bikes. Turnsignals have a purpose. Headlights need to have bulbs replaced occasionally. Tires from your local bike shop have actual tread. Stuff like that.

BTW- Moke is one of the few that spends time at the track. No kick, slick tires, no lights and such.
To much unwanted weight, unnecessary
Old 01-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #15
ghettoe
Registered Member

Congrats, my first fall was on gravel. I thought it would be a great learning experience and it somewhat was except I'm still lost at how to ride on gravel.
ghettoe is offline   Reply With Quote