Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 12-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #21
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Jesus H. Christ on a crutch, doesn't ANYBODY have a sense of humor anymore?

If you can't make fun of handicapped bull****, what's next? Dumb blondes?
Fatties. .

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
pplassm
Founding Member

FWIW, I stopped parking my bike in "normal" spaces the summer my bike was knocked over. Twice.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #23
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
FWIW, I stopped parking my bike in "normal" spaces the summer my bike was knocked over. Twice.
There was a really interesting thread over on Stromtrooper.com where a guy's WeeStrom got knocked over and hit another person's car. It was in the parking lot of their apartment building, so the cops wouldn't do any of the usual "accident" stuff. The Wee guy said it wasn't his fault and didn't want to pay the chick whose car got dinged, but he couldn't prove beyond a doubt who actually dumped the bike. He suspected it was some kids he frequently saw f'ing around the bike.

My Low Rider got knocked over one night by this dipstick who lived in the condo below me. I had it parked and covered in a regular spot, and he backed his gargantuan Bronco into it. He worked late shift and usually came home around 3 am. I came out in the morning and found a pool of gas leaked all over the place. The dipstick "hid" his Bronco way across the parking lot. The damage wasn't too bad; he dented the rear fender where he hit it and broke a mirror.
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #24
meyourfriend
Registered Member

Cool Love it

That sucks about everyone getting their bike knocked over.

I had someone bump my mirror to hard and crack my front nose fairing, but besides that, I park in the most convinient places I can as I feel I would rather ride the bike, than walk.

Although you do need to be considerate to other people, obviously not in the middle of the footpath but maybe up against a wall so people cannot 'jump on' your bike without difficulty, which may help protect it.
meyourfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
ENOUGH with the whining "handicapped" people already. Geez, they get all the best parking spaces, ramps and elevators, "wheelchair access" toilets...when will it all end? Not to mention the fact that every fatassed, Gomertruck-driving ****breath with a grandmother is sticking their "Handicapped" cards on their rear-view mirror as they jump 4' to the ground from their 4X4 trucks to waddle into the stores. The other day I saw a MOTORCYCLE parked, with a "Handicapped" card, in a "Handicapped" parking spot. I'm about ready to pop a handy-cap right into their lame asses.
Even though it's only partially justified, that is a quality rant.

Let's go to the judges:

Accuracy - 5
Venom - 10
Humor - 10

Raw Total - 25.

Weighted Total - 27.5

(Accuracy counts least in rants)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #26
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Since we're on the parking topic.......
whats with these LEV spots, hybrid only, etc I visit several businesses a day in my work travels and often the restricted parking are the only spaces available. I sometimes double park or park in the grass if there arent curbs. It seems only the older businesses in dated facilities have "visitor" parking near the main entrance, usually on 1 side & handicapped on the other.
I have a factory I visit, this factory is a difficult place to work and you not only have to be able bodied, but in decent shape in order to perform the physical work at this location, no offices on site, yet they have 15 or more handicapped parking spaces. You would have to be pretty damn good just to navigate this place in a wheelchair & likely would be killed by machinery or a 30MPH forklift, often a skid in front & 15 foot trailer behind. No place for a wheelchair, let alone soneone with slow reflexes.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #27
pplassm
Founding Member

The people with "Handicapped" placards here can run faster than I. I've seen them.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #28
ghettoe
Registered Member

I must say there are people who aren't handicapped that somehow manage to get those stickers. My mom's friend happen to have gotten one and they guy walked, ran and pretty much did everything fine.
He packed in that spot and I was like.

"What are you doing? That's the handicap spot. You realize your supposed to only park there if your handicapped." Said in a very rude and sarcastic way. (Honestly, don't like the guy)

"It's fine, I have the sticker" He replies.

We then proceeded to walk quite the number of steps to get into the dental office. He wasn't even panting.
ghettoe is offline   Reply With Quote