Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
I see your point but the "whitespace" at handicapped parking is often needed for side ramps for accessable vans, etc
I think he might have been referring to the "excess" space at the end of the row - typically unused for anything, including ramps. Except for Motorcycles and Bicycles, that is.

It depends on the city where you can "get away" with that - there are some places that will ticket you (or tow the bike) for parking there - regardless of the "Victimless" status of your "Crime".
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
A Star Ride
Registered Member

The Walmart here has a shaded area between every other Handicapped space, I'm assuming for side ramps, and to allow added space needed for hitch mount chairs, or overhead mounts, etc. I've seen bikes parked in those shaded areas, apparently oblivious as to what they are for, and bikes crowding the sidewalks directly in the path of foot traffic, or on the wheelchair ramp, etc. Then when they leave feel it necessary to rev & idle straight pipes as plugs foul out. Reminds me of a yippy dog when the family gets home starving for attention. Maybe I should carry Milkbones with me?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #13
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
I see your point but the "whitespace" at handicapped parking is often needed for side ramps for accessable vans, etc
ENOUGH with the whining "handicapped" people already. Geez, they get all the best parking spaces, ramps and elevators, "wheelchair access" toilets...when will it all end? Not to mention the fact that every fatassed, Gomertruck-driving ****breath with a grandmother is sticking their "Handicapped" cards on their rear-view mirror as they jump 4' to the ground from their 4X4 trucks to waddle into the stores. The other day I saw a MOTORCYCLE parked, with a "Handicapped" card, in a "Handicapped" parking spot. I'm about ready to pop a handy-cap right into their lame asses.
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
ENOUGH with the whining "handicapped" people already. Geez, they get all the best parking spaces, ramps and elevators, "wheelchair access" toilets...when will it all end? Not to mention the fact that every fatassed, Gomertruck-driving ****breath with a grandmother is sticking their "Handicapped" cards on their rear-view mirror as they jump 4' to the ground from their 4X4 trucks to waddle into the stores. The other day I saw a MOTORCYCLE parked, with a "Handicapped" card, in a "Handicapped" parking spot. I'm about ready to pop a handy-cap right into their lame asses.
My Wife has Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and is technically "handicapped". She "appears" to be Healthy, but suffers from sudden, chronic fatigue issues - like, "let me sit down here until I die" type of fatigue - and sometimes motor-skill problems (i.e. sometimes has to use a cane).

We had tags on the car she used the most, but because the stupid hoop-jumping BS the State makes you go through to get them, we elected just to let them drop. The guy that got in my face one day when I was parked in a handi-spot (as The Wife was getting back-in the car) kinda cemented it.

**** All of you.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- I know two guys that ride- one trike, one two wheeler- and they both have permission from the state to park in those spots via permits. The trike guy is nearly 70 and couldn't kick a can 5 ft. The other lost a leg at the knee and rides with a modified brake system to allow him to continue to ride the Nighthawk he's had since 1988. I have no issue with either parking in the hani-parking spaces. If your mobility is limited then it is what it is.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #16
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch, doesn't ANYBODY have a sense of humor anymore?

If you can't make fun of handicapped bull****, what's next? Dumb blondes?
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Jesus H. Christ on a crutch, doesn't ANYBODY have a sense of humor anymore?

If you can't make fun of handicapped bull****, what's next? Dumb blondes?
Meanie. Mean-spirited meanie.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #18
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I first became more aware of special needs when my friend I started riding with in the mid 90's was wheelchair bound for about a year after an accident. I remember trying to take him out shoping, etc and getting pissed off when the wheelchair wouldn't fit down some aisles, etc in the stores, or even between tables at his favorite restruant. I later myself was in one for just couple weeks following surgery and realize the hell they go through. Fortunately both Ricky & myself are "able bodied" now but definately try to look out for those who arent.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I first became more aware of special needs when my friend I started riding with in the mid 90's was wheelchair bound for about a year after an accident. I remember trying to take him out shoping, etc and getting pissed off when the wheelchair wouldn't fit down some aisles, etc in the stores, or even between tables at his favorite restruant. I later myself was in one for just couple weeks following surgery and realize the hell they go through. Fortunately both Ricky & myself are "able bodied" now but definately try to look out for those who arent. I also had "parking tickets" that said "Ignorance is a handicap, but that doesn't entitle you to park here".
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #20
Dirty Mac
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
My Wife has Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and is technically "handicapped". She "appears" to be Healthy, but suffers from sudden, chronic fatigue issues - like, "let me sit down here until I die" type of fatigue - and sometimes motor-skill problems (i.e. sometimes has to use a cane).

We had tags on the car she used the most, but because the stupid hoop-jumping BS the State makes you go through to get them, we elected just to let them drop. The guy that got in my face one day when I was parked in a handi-spot (as The Wife was getting back-in the car) kinda cemented it.

**** All of you.
I seriously hope you realize Morbo was joking.

As for the guy who got in your face, I'm pretty sure he had the best intentions. It's one of my biggest pet peeves when people get their full of sh*t chiropractor to get them handicapped permits. Those ****s are basically steeling from the elderly and people who have trouble walking. They think they have a VIP parking pass. Losers.
Dirty Mac is offline   Reply With Quote