Sophie-raye
Registered Member

Default Help!!! Crisis!!!

im a newbee and im 16, and would want to ride a bike,
i can do the basics but,
i don't have a bike thats my own.
Its hard to get someone to borrow of as im a girl and they always ask
me if im feeling alright.
I ride fine by myself and can't stand if someone makes fun!
can you help!
Sophie-raye is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Help how? If you're sixteen and want a bike, get a part time job, save, and buy one. It's a buyer's market. Insurance is going to cost though. So save for a small used cruiser (least expensive insurance). A 250cc bike.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

See your other post.
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Girl- save $1000 and buy an old CB400 or CB500. It won't be pretty, but you can insure it cheap and learn some skillz.

First Rule of being an owner of a bike: You don't loan your bike.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
YamaCat
Founding Member

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie-raye View Post
im a newbee and im 16, and would want to ride a bike,
i can do the basics but,
i don't have a bike thats my own.
Its hard to get someone to borrow of as im a girl and they always ask
me if im feeling alright.
I ride fine by myself and can't stand if someone makes fun!
can you help!
From reading your post it looks like you just want more time on the bike to pratice. Your post doesn't really say what it is that you feel you need to work on. So maybe a little more info would be good.

I never liked asking people that I was trying to impress for help, but sometimes those very same people will be impressed because you did ask. ( and sometimes not )

Based on the initial response to your post though, I think you might want to start Google-ing something like "girls" and "motorcycles" and "riding tips" or something like that because it sounds like you know enough to get started, you just need to stay safe and get more practice time in.

Here's one of the very first links that I just found:

Her Motorcycle, For Women Motorcycle Riders. Info on Bikes, Apparel, and Gear

Looks like a nice website.

p.s. If you can talk your folks into getting you a bike, you might have more luck if you ask for a good used dirt bike.

They don't cost much and if you have a place to ride dirt bikes by yourself your parents won't have this vision in their minds of their daughter getting "run over out on the highway".

If you still want to learn from the yahoo's in this forum, here is your first piece of real biker advice:

Keep the rubber side down, and the shiny side up.

~tayl

Last edited by YamaCat : 11-23-2010 at 01:55 PM.
YamaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
thunderhousecycles
Registered Member

What kind of bike are you looking for? Sometimes you can get cheap bikes that may have some cosmetic damage or been reposessed through salvage yards. More info would certainly be helpful to help you find what your looking for.
thunderhousecycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #7
Sophie-raye
Registered Member

im looking for a bike that will be great to ride,
i have riden on a pit bike and it was kinda comfortable except for the fact that my feet kept draggin.
anyway, i dont mind as long as it has 2 wheels plus i only have
a limited amout of cash!
so....
im asking you guys cause u have more experiance than me!
Sophie-raye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #8
ghettoe
Registered Member

I also was sixteen when I wanted to ride but I did not buy my bike until I was 18 which was last year. First of all, get yourself a job. Summer is the best time to get a job especially considering your age. In my state, you can't ride until you're seventeen and honestly, it might help getting a driver's license first. I ride more than I drive but often find myself in situations that require driving. Personally, I bought a used ninja 250 because I had the money, it was affordable and insurance is quite low despite my age.

1. I also am a girl and had no choice but to take an msf course because no one in my family rides.
2. I would suggest at least have $2000 if you are looking to buy a bike. You will not only need to pay for the bike but registration, insurance and also gear.
3. I assume you're parents are okay with this. My mom surprisingly wasn't too fazed. I couldn't say the same for my family.
4. You really should not expect anyone to let you even near their bike. I never let anyone so much as touch mine. Someone told me to teach them with my bike and that was a big hell no! Point is, no one wants a beginner near their bike.
5. If you're serious about it, then be ready for the expenses and be prepared to enjoy riding.

ps. Riding is fun yet risky and seeing as you are under 18, you will need your parents permission/signature to take an msf course should you take one and you also need to know how to ride a bicycle.

pps. Should you join us, enjoy riding
ghettoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM   #9
Mollygrubber
Founding Member

First things first - do you have a license already? If not, take an MSF course asap. I know, you want a bike NOW, but get educated first. Money well spent. As far as a first bike, it partly depends on your style - and your inseam! My wife started on a CBR125R and she loved it. They're cheap and light and fun. You WILL need a job if you're going to ride, it's not only the purchase price that you'll spend money on. Gas, maintenance, insurance - it will add up fast!

Get out there, get going, have fun & be safe! Oh yah, don't let somebody try and sell you a big bike too soon - ride what you're comfortable with.
Mollygrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:17 AM   #10
afra
Registered Member

Default Here, there's good news to tell you

Here, there's good news to tell you: Dvd Box Sets, Sons of Anarchy DVD, True Blood Box Set recently
launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
and welcome everyone to find your like films. If necessary, please
plut: ====== http://www.dvdboxroom.com==========
We need your support and trust!
afra is offline   Reply With Quote