Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 10-08-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I walked away from the wreck that totaled my Trophy. After tumbling and sliding down I-5 my low-end JR Ballistic suit did it's sacrificial job and shredded itself instead of me. I still have aches and pains from the accident but nothing broken and no soft tissue damage

I thank my lucky stars I was geared up that day because I have a habit of riding in jeans and a shirt, a habit I'm pretty diligent in trying to break these days. Skill and luck will see you through 99% of the time however sometimes it's pure geometry and you become nothing but a football punted down the road. That's what you want to be ready for.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #12
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
That's a scary thought, having you pissed-off and lumbering toward me right after I ran you down.

"Oh, you don't wanna SHOOT 'im - that'll just make 'im MAD..........."
People ask why I didnt sue or file a claim of any sort, you basically just nailed it. The fear in that guys eyes when the horror of running someone over flipped to the horror of a huge angry person getting up off the ground and walking towards him was punishment enough for me. My gear did its job flawlessly and I know that guy is going to never make a right while looking left again. Now if I hadn't been geared up and was a road-rashed mess they would have had a hard time telling my blood from his.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote