Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 10-09-2010, 05:26 PM   #41
cloud9
Registered Member

I got to thank you waffle for answering most of the questions I was inquiring about. I am also in search of a bike as my sole purpose of transportation so choosing the right one is important to me.

After recently losing my car to flood waters (car had liability only) I should honestly be searching for another car but the bike bug has been biting me for years and now (even with winter approaching) seems like the best time to buy one.

My main battle is choosing between the ninja 650R or an SV.

Keep us posted on your search.

Insane are called those who deal with death

Masters are called those who seal the deal

Legends are called anyone of those who die in their quest.

Last edited by cloud9 : 10-10-2010 at 09:30 AM.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #42
Waffles
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
I got to thank you waffle for answering most of the questions I was inquiring about. I am also in search of a bike as my sole purpose of transportation so choosing the right one is important to me.

After recently losing my car to flood waters (car had liability only) I should honestly be searching for another car but the bike bug has been biting me for years and now (even with winter approaching) seems like the best time to buy one.

My main battle is choosing between the ninja 650R or an SV.

Keep us posted on your search.
Im glad someone else got some good out of this thread, but don't thank me haha. if it wasn't for the guys on this forum you and me would still be scratching our heads lol. sorry about your car. that's a sick burn. good luck on your search buddy. let me know how it goes.

hey guys im back. the guy with the sv said he couldn't go $3000. I think he really wanted 3500 or 3400. I thought of what you guys said about patience and how the right bike will pop up and told him to call me if he changes his mind. I've been looking the past couple days and one guy emailed me back. he posted his bike more than a month ago but he had to leave town for business. he's been busy but found time to email me recently. he's selling an sv650s 05 for $2500 14400 miles and in good condition. mostly stock cept for new tires battery and yoshi slip on. the guy is selling because of job commitments. the pictures are kinda low quality to tell if there are minor scratches, but the bike seems clean. he said he's willing to make a deal once he's back. I think my waiting paid off. but what does an inexperienced guy like me know right? that's why im here again. I know I said no more questions but I have to ask just 1 more time. what do you guys think. did I just get a lesson in patience or is this too good to be true? I can send pictures if you guys have time to look for me. thanks everyone for support recently.

Last edited by Waffles : 10-13-2010 at 04:30 PM.
Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #43
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Just ask for better pics and test ride the bike before you buy it. I just bought an 06 bike with 9800 miles, so the mileage on your prospective bike isn't unreasonable, considering you can pretty much ride year-round in L.A. An SV650S is a great bike, especially for commuting on L.A. freeways.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #44
Waffles
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable View Post
Just ask for better pics and test ride the bike before you buy it. I just bought an 06 bike with 9800 miles, so the mileage on your prospective bike isn't unreasonable, considering you can pretty much ride year-round in L.A. An SV650S is a great bike, especially for commuting on L.A. freeways.
mm good advice on the pics. im gonna ask for some and if he can't ill just have to take that 80 mile trip down there. as for the test ride I don't know if I should. this is my first bike and all I know is what I learned in the msf course. 2500 sounds too good to pass up. I've been thinking about it and even if it has some minor problems Ill probably end up getting it. thanks for ur help trent.
Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:07 AM   #45
bikercyber
Registered Member

Hey, guy . Naked style I like it. For Naked style good and easy for heat transfer. Naked style mixing between racing and chopper style..
bikercyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #46
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikercyber View Post
Hey, guy . Naked style I like it. For Naked style good and easy for heat transfer. Naked style mixing between racing and chopper style..
GO AWAY no one wants your ads. (See signature)
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:33 PM   #47
obywon
Registered Member

HI YALL, HI i am buying an sv in uk this weekend but wnat some advice on wheter i should buy this carb version or hold out for a injection bike....
obywon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #48
obama549
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The second bike looks very clean. If the miles are low, it might be a great choice. Of course, you can make it a naked/streetfighter by removing the fairings and adding a headlight later. That's how the whole look got started anyway.

Seems to me that in the SoCal Death by Heat Zone you should be able to get exactly what you want, if you take your time.
You can find 1st gen SVs for under $3000 in pretty great condition. 2nd gen SVs that are absolutely clean can be found for $3500-$4000. I prefer the 1st gen bike, but the 2nd gen is FI. Hard call, but I say buy an FZ6.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #49
afra
Registered Member

Default Stargate Atlantis Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset

aha maybe
afra is offline   Reply With Quote