Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   Need help. Buying a Sv650n. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/16632-need-help-buying-sv650n.html)

12er 10-07-2010 03:09 PM

if in CA I highly recommend 100/300 on your coverage. Not much more a year but covers oh so much more if you need it.

Waffles 10-07-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 250471)
if in CA I highly recommend 100/300 on your coverage. Not much more a year but covers oh so much more if you need it.

thanks ill look into it most definitely. the guy just called me and said he's got 2 other guys gonna look at it, but he gave told me I can come see it whenever. it might be a good idea to go today and give my offer huh? he said first come first serve. I really hope those other guys offer 3500. what's weird is he said he called the 2 other guys first but he still said I can come see it whenever. so im guessing those guys didn't set up a schedule? what would you guys do?

The_AirHawk 10-07-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles (Post 250478)
thanks ill look into it most definitely. the guy just called me and said he's got 2 other guys gonna look at it, but he gave told me I can come see it whenever. it might be a good idea to go today and give my offer huh? he said first come first serve. I really hope those other guys offer 3500. what's weird is he said he called the 2 other guys first but he still said I can come see it whenever. so im guessing those guys didn't set up a schedule? what would you guys do?

DON'T be afraid to Walk Away.

There are a thousand of these things for sale right now, everywhere.

Buying a Moto is an Emotional Decision - if you were buying one with your head, you wouldn't buy one at all. That said, there is ALWAYS another bike.

12er 10-07-2010 05:18 PM

You always create demand if your selling. All part of getting your price. But as Airhawk states, dont be afraid to walk, you hold the power with your money. The right bike will show itself with patience.

Waffles 10-07-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 250479)
DON'T be afraid to Walk Away.

There are a thousand of these things for sale right now, everywhere.

Buying a Moto is an Emotional Decision - if you were buying one with your head, you wouldn't buy one at all. That said, there is ALWAYS another bike.

wow.. im speechless.. you word things so well. thanks a lot man. I just got caught up trying to get one as quickly as possible cause I've been waiting a while. your the man airhawk.

Waffles 10-07-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 250481)
You always create demand if your selling. All part of getting your price. But as Airhawk states, dont be afraid to walk, you hold the power with your money. The right bike will show itself with patience.

Right. I'll try to be patient. But you do you guys remember that feeling when you first starting going to look at bikes? You feel all restless no? Thats the kinda feeling I got right now. yea im sure the right bike will come along soon.

Kenneth_Moore 10-08-2010 06:47 AM

I'm coming to the conclusion that 20% of the So Cal population took graduate-level Klazy-Ken Kourses.

"Well, I've got three other people coming by, but if you HURRY IN NOW you might still have a shot at the bike..."

There's 2 pages of SV650 ads within 150 miles of me. Here's one that you'd like, a low-mileage creampuff, nekked and everything:
2000 SUZUKI SV650 for sale in West Palm Beach, Florida - CycleTrader.com

12er 10-08-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles (Post 250485)
Right. I'll try to be patient. But you do you guys remember that feeling when you first starting going to look at bikes? You feel all restless no? Thats the kinda feeling I got right now. yea im sure the right bike will come along soon.

Dude we all still feel that way. Even if you have 5 bikes you love in the garage already your waiting on the next one with baited breath. I'm sure Sarnali with his new GS was like a kid in a candy store waiting. But in tough economic times, if you have cash, the world is your oyster (well tough times or not, always be smart with your money).

Waffles 10-08-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 250515)
Dude we all still feel that way. Even if you have 5 bikes you love in the garage already your waiting on the next one with baited breath. I'm sure Sarnali with his new GS was like a kid in a candy store waiting. But in tough economic times, if you have cash, the world is your oyster (well tough times or not, always be smart with your money).

you guys got some maddd wisdom. im 22 and I feel like an infant compared to you guys. I got some growing up to do. thanks for all your time. I asked everything I need to ask. and I got all my answers. I owe you one. or many. ill let you guys know what happens. thanks again guys. u don't know how much I appreciate it.

12er 10-08-2010 06:10 PM

Payment enough is having a good time, keeping your hide on and heart pumping and not becoming a stunting nutter that screws it for the rest of us. Don't forget to wave as you pass.