Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 06-10-2010, 07:12 AM   #11
korie
Registered Member

Upon re-reading my initial post I see why I was misunderstood. I was referring to the lighter and tighter 250 being the more agile and better bike. Not the 6. Also I was trying to say that no matter what size bike you will be thinking about the next and bigger regardless. Starting on a 250 will keep your goals more realistic as to what a person should be thinking as a next step.

Basically I shared what I have for I am trying to tell my mistakes to people coming on here. I hope that this tale may help get people to realize that accidents will happen. Smaller is truly better when starting. You can always get a bigger bike later when you are truly ready, but starting off on a bigger bike may cause you to never be able to ride again.

I see and have seen people say how they started off with an r6 or bigger and were fine. I am trying to say they are lucky. I wasn't fine. I am learning. I started off hard and am happy to still be walking right. Don't listen to people saying you will be fine. They are not the ones that will be taking care of you if you are disabled.
korie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #12
FlagDownRR
Registered Member

Just because you have completed a driver course and done a little bit of riding on a 250 does not mean you are now an experienced driver and ready to upgrade. It would be stupid for you to get the FZ6 when you havn't even been riding that long. You will take it out on your first time and think you are invincible, take it up to 120 and probably kill yourself. Stick with a beginner bike, because you are still a beginner.
FlagDownRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #13
streetmaster
Registered Member

I've noticed people replying to this post are referring to the FZ6.
JD33 was asking about the FZ6R which is a totally different bike!
I'm in Australia & the FZ6R is available in a restricted version (not so the FZ6) especially designed for learners & can be de-restricted when you become more experienced.
streetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetmaster View Post
I've noticed people replying to this post are referring to the FZ6.
JD33 was asking about the FZ6R which is a totally different bike!
I'm in Australia & the FZ6R is available in a restricted version (not so the FZ6) especially designed for learners & can be de-restricted when you become more experienced.
We know it's a different bike - but they're not available Restricted here, and it's still a piss-poor "beginner's bike". Anything over roughly 40hp is really a very Bad Idea, when a 26hp Ninja 250 can splatter you all-over a wall at about 110mph..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Another Ask and Run?

600 I4 = terrible idea
650 twin = not so terrible

Go read the sticky on the top of the boards. Bring some popcorn and a case of pop because its long. But all of this info has been said time after time SV650 > FZ6 for beginner. Its the difference of a Mustang and a Viper as your first car.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote