Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
jim250
Registered Member

Default newbie, first street bike experience

Hello everyone. Glad to find this site. After looking for several weeks now for my first street bike, I finally settled for a Suzuki TU 250. Took the bike for a ride for the first time and was extremely pleased with the bike. Lots of good information on this forum. Thanks. Jim
jim250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim250 View Post
Hello everyone. Glad to find this site. After looking for several weeks now for my first street bike, I finally settled for a Suzuki TU 250. Took the bike for a ride for the first time and was extremely pleased with the bike. Lots of good information on this forum. Thanks. Jim
Congratulations! The TU-250 is an excellent beginners bike, as well as an excellent commuter bike. Post up some pics and keep us filled in on how the learning process is going.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
jeff10236
Registered Member

The TU250 is a great choice. From all I hear about them, they are great beginners bikes, and unlike many 250s, they are supposed to be fun commuter bikes for even experienced riders. I would have loved to have bought one but unfortunately, none of the dealers near here had one and I ended up going with a Suzuki Boulevard C50 Special Edition (I may buy one in a couple years as a second bike- they seem like they'd be a lot of fun). Enjoy the bike, I'd love to hear updates, have fun.
jeff10236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
jim250
Registered Member

Thanks Jeff,

I absolutely love the TU 250. Its not going to break any speed records but it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm 45 yrs old and the bike reminds me of the 70"s again. Very easy to handle. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Jim
Old 05-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
jeff10236
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim250 View Post
Thanks Jeff,

I absolutely love the TU 250. Its not going to break any speed records but it was exactly what I was looking for. I'm 45 yrs old and the bike reminds me of the 70"s again. Very easy to handle. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Jim
Yeah, I kind of like that 70's/early 80's UJM (Uniform Japanese Motorcycle) look. I wish more manufacturers would have one or two like that, and maybe a larger displacement version. Anyway, I love my C50, but I'm thinking that in a few years a TU250 for short trips around town and a Harley or Victory for longer distances would be ideal.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
jeff10236
Registered Member

Oh, btw, I'm an older new rider myself. I turn 40 this summer. Seems like a good age to start- we are less likely than a 20something (or a teen) to do something to show off. Of course, for the 20somethings out there, don't be offended- that is also a good time to start, you will have decades of experience (and fun) which we won't.

I also just noticed that you are from Pittsburgh. My dad is from Greene County (Waynesburg) which is in your neck of the woods. Through my childhood we often visited the Pittsburgh area, and I have memories of seeing the Pirates back when they were still good (I'm still a fan, love the new stadium). I've been back several times as an adult. That is one of my favorite cities, and if finding a teaching job there wasn't so impossible I'd probably move there.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
jim250
Registered Member

The C50 is a great bike, a friend of mine has the same. I will most likely get a bigger bike later on down the road once I'm comfortable with riding the roads. (maybe not).