Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Learning to Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/)
-   -   Should I ride this RD? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/learning-ride/15152-should-i-ride-rd.html)

CMZemlin 05-03-2010 06:15 AM

Should I ride this RD?

so I've already done spirit lake highway up where I live in Washington state but other than that I have only had experience in town so this is a bit out there but I was wondering about trying Nat for Dev Rd 25 south out of the little town of Randle Wa. It's not in the best repair either, but to get to the point though should somebody with my only 500 miles of experiance tackle something like this alone, I've never done anything with this degree of twists and turns on what seems as wide as a 1 lane road?

A Star Ride 05-03-2010 06:33 AM

I woudn't say it's an unsafe idea if you watch your speed & make sure your tires are in good order. Don't feel like your out there running time trials or you will be asking for trouble. You are still learning your limits as a rider & the limits of the bike as well, you may be the slowest to cross it that day, but doing it without incident is the objective.

pplassm 05-03-2010 06:49 AM

Looks like a dirt road. Are you riding a dual-sport bike?

The_AirHawk 05-03-2010 06:51 AM

And, if Mt. St. Helens erupts again, you can always say "Yo! I was F-Bomb'n THERE that day!"

Last time I saw that countryside, the Mountain still had all the sides on its Caldera.........

seruzawa 05-03-2010 06:58 AM

It looks like an asphalt road so why not? Just take it easy. If it gets too difficult then turn back.

CMZemlin 05-03-2010 07:32 AM

the road views from google maps look stunning though it seems logging trucks are all your likely to see along the road [IMG][/IMG]

sarnali2 05-03-2010 08:45 AM

EEEE-Gads are you insane????? posting pictures like that for everyone to see. Nobody is safe on a road like that, nothing but grizzly bears, elk and drunk log truck drivers, not to mention psycho State Troopers just itching to plug some poor bastard on a motorcycle....and it's foggy and wet, the road is probably slick as glass too............

Jeezus anybody would be crazy to want to ride anywhere near a road like that, or anywhere in Washington State for that matter....for the love of God stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seruzawa 05-03-2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 240769)
EEEE-Gads are you insane????? posting pictures like that for everyone to see. Nobody is safe on a road like that, nothing but grizzly bears, elk and drunk log truck drivers, not to mention psycho State Troopers just itching to plug some poor bastard on a motorcycle....and it's foggy and wet, the road is probably slick as glass too............

Jeezus anybody would be crazy to want to ride anywhere near a road like that, or anywhere in Washington State for that matter....for the love of God stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Californy is the place you want to be! But failing that ignore sarnali2 and go to Washington. It's the next best place. Certainly a lot better than the intermountain west where you WILL be kidnapped by polygamists or impaled on an elk horn. Not to mention all that nuclear waste laying around....

CMZemlin 05-03-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 240769)

..... you forgot mountain lions, and the fact it runs right through the volcano's blast zone :D , though to be serious those log truck drivers go all over the road, it might be better to ride with some friendswho feel up for the 195 mile round trip

sarnali2 05-03-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 240772)
Californy is the place you want to be! But failing that ignore sarnali2 and go to Washington. It's the next best place. Certainly a lot better than the intermountain west where you WILL be kidnapped by polygamists or impaled on an elk horn. Not to mention all that nuclear waste laying around....

I've heard all about those polygamists, kinda' like the 70 virgins thing except without blowing yourself up first......

Not a bad deal really that Utah....nice and warm, good conservative values, Law 'n Order mentality and a veritable plethora of willing women to wait on you hand and foot.........I don't know why anyone would NOT want to live there myself......beautiful scenery, great riding....none of this miserable rain and cold 10 months out of the year.....Sounds like paradise to me...