Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle Riding > Learning to Ride

Old 06-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borge View Post
Hi,
I think guy you should prefer Kawasaki ninja they have more power capability to ride if you want know more know about sports bikes so you can also search in Google because there are many sports bikes and automobiles company it helps you can easily find which one is suitable for you . I hope you like my suggestion.

4wd accessories
I'm afraid I don't because a Kawasaki does not have more "power capability to ride" than another brand. Since the reason you are posting is to push your stupid website you should try to find something intelligent to say because no one will click on a link posted by an obvious idiot.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
V65inFLORIDA
Registered Member

I rarely see a 57 year old on a race bike and certainly 250cc bikes are for smaller riders. Most anyone who buys a 250cc anything only owns it for 3-4 months and dumps it for a more capable bike. Don't get something you'll end up throwing away cheaper on craigslist in a sacrifice for more power.
I started riding in 1985. It was a Honda 400cc. Sold it a month later. That's how I know. I took 20 years off riding to raise a family and please a nagging wife. Now that they're all gone, I'm riding again. Back in April I got my endorsement since laws here in FL require it. I'm so glad I took that class. What I thought I knew wasn't nearly as good as what I learned to do better. I'm going back for an intermediate class soon. Anyway, re-entering the bike world, I wanted a Honda but certainly bigger than 400cc. I'm 6'2" and load the bike 250 lbs. I checked out a deal on Craigslist but it felt too small. 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 500cc It's a style you may find more comfortable for you though. I got a V65 1100cc Magna for only $1600. I just picked up a 88 VMAX last week for $2500. It's a lot of fun but harder to ride, harder on my ass too. Still the acceleration is all the fun for me.
Pick something you'll keep around. Buy used. Find something you can ride for 10-15 minutes before you buy it. Never buy the first bike you look at. Always take it to a mechanic to be sure you're not looking at serious repair bills. The V65 is a beotch for finding parts for it, so I'm selling it while it's still working. 37,000 miles, 5000 of them I put on since May, I ride a lot more than I type. I usually replace stock seats with Corbin brand. Makes a world of difference for me. I flipped about 3 more V65 bikes on Craigslist gathering parts for my keeper. Got a Corbin, windscreen, and flawless fuel tank in the process. The bike is essentially free now and I justified the V MAX. V boost is a blast of power over 6000 rpm. Short trip bike only though, so I'd guess you'd be wiped out on a race style bike after 50-60 miles anywhere?

Enduro, crotch rockets, 250cc, just isn't really what you see 57 year old's riding. They're great for guys that are 16-25 years old and can take a beating.

Last edited by V65inFLORIDA : 07-19-2011 at 03:15 PM.
V65inFLORIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
pushrod
Founding Member

A buddy here is selling his beautiful red 1998 Triumph Thunderbird Sport!

He bought a Storm.

The TBS runs great; needs nothing. Look it up on Craigslist!

BTW, he's about 5'7" and the bike fit him fine.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65inFLORIDA View Post
I started riding in 1985. It was a Honda 400cc. Sold it a month later. That's how I know.
You ARE a silver tongued devil.....aren't you ??

All you really know is YOU.

A lot of young folks confuse their opinions with facts. Most grow out of that but, apparently, some don't.

I started riding in 1964 with only a few years off here and there.....so that makes about 40 years......and have never ridden a bike with an engine bigger than 600 CCs. But yes, one of them would do 100 MPH with two gears left.

In all that time and through all those bikes, I have NEVER taken a substantial loss selling a used one. Some I've made a slight profit on.

The most fun I've ever had was with my first one; a Honda S90. My first road trip of 1200 miles was done on a Suzuki GZ 250.

That's how **I** know.

Your opinions are certainly welcome here.......just try to be a little careful about passing them off as absolute truths. They aren't.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
V65inFLORIDA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
You ARE a silver tongued devil.....aren't you ??

All you really know is YOU.

A lot of young folks confuse their opinions with facts. Most grow out of that but, apparently, some don't.

I started riding in 1964 with only a few years off here and there.....so that makes about 40 years......and have never ridden a bike with an engine bigger than 600 CCs. But yes, one of them would do 100 MPH with two gears left.

In all that time and through all those bikes, I have NEVER taken a substantial loss selling a used one. Some I've made a slight profit on.

The most fun I've ever had was with my first one; a Honda S90. My first road trip of 1200 miles was done on a Suzuki GZ 250.

That's how **I** know.

Your opinions are certainly welcome here.......just try to be a little careful about passing them off as absolute truths. They aren't.
This must be the welcoming committee, trolling every post I made today. Go stick your bike up your ass.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #16
V65inFLORIDA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I'm afraid I don't because a Kawasaki does not have more "power capability to ride" than another brand. Since the reason you are posting is to push your stupid website you should try to find something intelligent to say because no one will click on a link posted by an obvious idiot.
Brilliant moderator, isn't he? This is why this forum is so obscure, these fossils have been on the keyboard so long with their arrogance they destroy the growth of this forum every day. I AM OUT OF HERE!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
I AM OUT OF HERE!
Goodbye, noone dragged you in here.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
V65inFLORIDA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Star Ride View Post
Goodbye, noone dragged you in here.
Another troll that is part of the welcoming committee here that keeps your forum ignorant and small. Thanks for posting behind me again.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #19
Captain Steve
Registered Member

Quote:
Another troll that is part of the welcoming committee here that keeps your forum ignorant and small. Thanks for posting behind me again.
Read this thread more closely.

The original poster (four and a half months ago) was a 21 year old 5 foot 7 inch tall woman. People were pointing her to bikes which she could sit on and still touch the pavement with both tippy toes. She posted one reply, then nothing since.

Then six weeks later someone posted an asinine reply with a link to a site they were promoting. A couple of people missed the time-jump and added a couple more good comments. The obvious, broken-english gibberish is ignored

Six more weeks go by, same guy posts the SAME REPLY again with a link to his site.

This time he gets flamed.

3 1/2 weeks more go by and you revive the thread again. You missed the age and height of the originator, dismissed the good advise of the previous posters, told a cool story, gave some decent advise (if the 21yo 5'7" female was a 57yo 6'2" male) and wrapped it up with another reference to the 57 year old.

If you're going to cry about mistreatment, first at least read the topics before posting.
Captain Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steve View Post
If you're going to cry about mistreatment, first at least read the topics before posting.
He will never see your reply because he is "out of here".

Oh, wait........he lied about that too.

Just reel out more rope.